MBOX is a well-known file format supported by major email clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Eudora, Entourage, etc. to save messages as plain text. Because of many professional reasons, many users want to access their MBOX file in MS Outlook. In this post, we will discuss why people want to access MBOX file in Outlook and what are the top methods to convert MBOX to PST?
Why Microsoft Outlook?
In Jan 1997, Microsoft Corporation launches MS Outlook with MS Exchange Server 5.5 as a bundled program with their Office 97. Since then, it is one of the most popular desktop clients. Users can use with MS Exchange Server and SharePoint or as a Standalone application. By using this, the user can send/ receive mail and create, manage tasks, calendars, journals, contacts, etc. It provides many features suitable for any professional user like anti-spam features, supports many languages, security and trust.
These are a few reasons for its popularity and more professionals are adopting it. For accessing MBOX emails to MS Outlook, the user needs to convert MBOX to PST file.
Best manual method to convert MBOX to PST
Step 1: Save MBOX as EML file
1. Launch MBOX email client
2. Right-click and create a new folder
3. Select messages which you want to migrate
4. Move messages to the newly created folder
5. Choose all emails and select Save As
6. Set a location where you want to save EML files
Step 2: Drag & Drop all EML files to MS Outlook
1. Launch MS Outlook
2. Select all converted EML file and drag & drop to any Outlook folder
Step 3: Export to PST files
1. Go to the File option
2. Click on Open & Export
3. Select Import or Export
4. Select Export to a file from the list and click on the Next
5. Select Outlook data file (PST)
6. Select the folder where you saved the file and click on the Next
7. Set a location
8. Click on the Finish button
This method is very effective and exports MBOX to PST, but it’s long and very time-consuming.
The simple method to change MBOX to PST
Download SysCurve MBOX to PST Converter: https://www.syscurve.com/mbox-to-pst-converter.html
1. Download and install the MBOX Converter
2. Launch the tool and click on the Browse option
3. Select MBOX files, which you want to convert and click on OK
4. Click on Export option and select All Folders
5. Select PST file as an Export option and provide a destination path to save converted files
6. Click on the Export button to start MBOX to PST conversion.
MBOX to PST converter is a powerful tool to convert MBOX to PST. Using this tool you can export single or multiple MBOX files at the same time. It supports all major MBOX clients like Mozilla Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Gmail, Eudora, etc. This tool is also very effective on large size of mailboxes. It also provides a demo version that can convert 20 emails per folder and you can see a preview of your mailbox.
To know more about MBOX to PST, visit: https://www.syscurve.com/blog/how-to-import-mbox-into-outlook.html