Yahoo offers many different services to its users such as email, photos, search and more. Yahoo email is the most widely used service by users all over the globe. Yahoo email app lets you log in from anywhere in the world and you can use any email client to access their services. However, some older third-party email apps still use the older sign-in process where you needed to provide a password to log in.
To use these third-party email apps you’ll need to generate an app password to access the email services if you’ve activated two-step verification or account key for your default Yahoo account. If you don’t know how to generate two-step verification or use account key then you need to connect to the tech executives at Yahoo support number. Or you can follow a short and simple guide created by us to activate the two-step verification process.
Two-step verification process
To enable extra security for your Yahoo account you can use the two-step verification for Yahoo.
1. Sign in with your login details
2. Now, click on the account and then click on Security
3. Now, you’ll see an option of ‘Two-Step Verification’, toggle the button to enable it
4. Now, you’ll need to provide your phone number
5. Get an activation code on your phone
6. Enter the activation code in the desired box and click on verify
That’s it, you have now enabled the two-step verification for the Yahoo account.
You can also set up an account key for login if you don’t want to enter your password anymore and here is how you can do it.
To set up the Account Key feature you have to download the Yahoo email app in your phone and sign in on it.
1. Go to Yahoo security page
2. Click on ‘See How It Works’, the big blue button
3. Now, select your device and click on Send me a notification
4. Now, open your mobile app and approve icon
5. Now, choose the option of Always use Yahoo Account Key in the browser.
6. And lastly, confirm your mobile number
This will enable you to sign in to your Yahoo account with one tap anywhere.
Having both of these enabled, you need to create app passwords for logging in through the older email apps. You can get more info about this from Yahoo customer service. Take a look at these steps to create and manage the app passwords to log in through email clients.
1. Sign in and go to the security page
2. Now, click on Generate app Password or Manage app Passwords
3. Now, select your app from the drop-down menu and click on Generate Passwords
4. Now, follow the on-screen instructions to generate the password for that particular app
5. Tap on ‘Done’
6. Now, use the email address and this password to login through that email app.
Creating these passwords will enable you to sign in these apps without two steps verification. If anything looks unfamiliar or confusing to you, contact the Yahoo free live chat and clear out the clouds of uncertainty. You’ll get the desired help from the executives who are willing to help the customers in their needs.