The users of Windows 10 have reported many issues that are related to the Microsoft office. Where products like Word, Excel or PowerPoint will not open and don’t even prompt an error for it.
Many users have encountered this issue and they don’t even get an error as to why it is not opening. By seeing this problem reported by a bunch of users we have decided to make a solution for it. Here are a few things you can try to solve this problem or you can contact the Microsoft support phone number for extensive help.
Let’s have a closer look at how we can solve the Microsoft office problems in Windows 10.
List of troubleshooting steps
1. Open task manager – If you tried opening the Word and it is not opened in your first attempt then the chances are that there is a process running in the background for Word. You have to close that process and then open the Word.
All you need to do is open task manager and find the word process and select it to end it.
2. Launch from Source – If the shortcuts for Microsoft Word are not working then you can go to their source destination to launch the program.
Most of the time the Office program is installed on this location:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office(Version)
Launch the program from there and see if it is working or not. If not then you can proceed to the next solution.
3. Open the programs in Safe mode – you can start any program in safe mode, all you need to do is open the Run and then type the product name followed by the word ‘/safe’. Suppose you have to open Excel then you need to type ‘excel /safe’.
4. Repair or reinstall the program – If you are out of options then you can choose the last resort. And that is to reinstall or repair the program. To repair the program you need to go to Program and features and then select the Microsoft office and click on Change.
If you want to reinstall the program then you have to select the Uninstall instead of Change.
5. Installing Windows updates – Sometimes, Microsoft team fixes the issue and send them to you via Windows updates. So, you must update your Windows 10 to the latest fixes and security improvements.
If you aren’t getting your problems resolved by these solutions then you must hurry and contact the Microsoft phone number and get their help. The trained and professional team at Microsoft customer support number will pick your calls without any delay and give you an instant solution or they can even fix the problem for you remotely.