Here’s How Online Cancellations Works On United Airlines: Process & Policy
So you had booked your flight tickets with United Airlines and now you wish to cancel them? Well, many passengers face such circumstances where they need to cancel their flight tickets due to any unavoidable reason and hence, they also feel disappointed. However, one should always keep the airline’s cancellation guidelines and important points to ensure that their unplanned cancellations do not let their ticket purchase amount sink.
When we talk about the United Airlines, the airline’s cancellation & refund policy are quite flexible and provide proper satisfaction to its passengers in terms of relaxations and considerable compensations. Therefore, read this post further to know about the United Airlines Cancellation Policy and the online process to cancel the airline’s flight tickets.
Cancellation Policy Of United Airlines: Major Points
· Passengers are allowed to make their United Airlines flight cancellations within 24 prior to their scheduled departure to get a full refund and they’ll also not need to pay for the cancellation charges.
· Passengers who have purchased refundable fares can cancel them for free; however, non-refundable fares are charges with a fee ranging from $50-$150. The fee will also depend on the routes and destinations as per the passenger’s booking details.
· Cancellations made on United Flights within 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure will be refunded fully to the passenger’s bank account or credit card but for non-refundable fares, a fee of $50 will be applicable per flight ticket.
· In case, any passenger wishes to change their United Airlines reservations instead of cancelling them he can do it for free depending on the eligibility other will have to pay flight change fee i.e. $400 for international tickets and $200 for domestic tickets.
Steps To Cancel United Airlines Flight Tickets Online
The following steps will help you to make cancellation on United Airlines online.
· Fire up your preferred web browser and then visit the official website of United Airlines in it.
· Now, move to the "My Trips" section on the homepage and then submit the reservation details of your bookings for retrieving your flight.
· Next scroll to the Cancel light button and click on it to make your cancellations and then you can apply for the refunds via following the further onscreen instructions.
Moreover, if you have any further queries about the United Airlines Cancellation Policy or the online process then feel free to get in touch with the airline’s customer services for better guidance.