You might have heard or read a lot of good things about document processing services and their scanning solutions, such as increased security, reduced paper storage, and minimized costs. However, certain missteps can make the experience of hiring document process outsourcing experts more of a hassle and a costly mistake that can put your data’s safety and integrity at risk.
Here are some of the most common errors you need to look out for before you hire a document processing service provider:
• Not collaborating with your team – If you have your own staff that handles the organizing and indexing of your papers and documents, be sure to reach out to them to discuss your organization’s document processing needs. They can also offer valuable insight on the extent of the services you will need, so you can plan the project and prepare your budget accordingly.
• Settling for the first service you find – There are many providers of document processing services out there, and you might even find the selection overwhelming. However, consider choosing only the leading and proven trustworthy companies, and compare them with one another in terms of the quality of their services, what they offer, and the cost of their document scanning and processing solutions.
• Not verifying the credibility of the service provider – Once you have narrowed down your selection of document processing services to one company, take some time to verify their credibility and trustworthiness. Make sure they are a registered business and that they have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau. Read up on client testimonials, too, but remember to take them with a grain of salt.
• Failing to know and understand the document scanning process – Document scanning and processing can take a significant amount of time to complete, especially when you have a lot of papers to be scanned and stored in the cloud. So, you cannot expect the service to be finished in just a day.
• Not planning where to store the digital files – Consider getting a cloud storage solution, which can easily be expanded cost-effectively as you acquire more digital documents down the line. Some document processing services also offer a cloud-based electronic document management solution, so you do not have to look further for one.
For more information on how Foveonics Document Solutions can help, contact us.