So, you've finally gotten those amazing hair extensions you've been waiting for. Now, how do you maintain them in excellent condition?
Proper aftercare for your pre-bonded hair extensions is important to maintain their quality and help them last longer. Practise the correct aftercare procedure and use recommended hair products from trusted sellers. Here are some important tips on how to maintain your extensions:
1. Avoid washing your hair right after you apply the extensions. Make sure to wait for at least two to three days before washing. It is also recommended that you only wash your hair two to three times a week to prolong their life. Before washing, you should brush your hair to get rid of any tangles using a soft bristle brush from a reliable store.
2. Thoroughly dry your hair before going to bed at night. You can tie your hair up to avoid any tangles in the morning. Never go to sleep with wet hair, as this will ruin your pre-bonded hair extensions. Dry your hair only by wrapping it in a towel or air drying it. Do not scrub it with a towel.
3. Spray your hair with a leave-in conditioner spray before untangling them. You must start from the bottom up as you untangle to avoid accidentally pulling on the extensions. Use a wide-toothed comb or a soft bristle hairbrush when untangling to keep your hair safe.
4. Use heat protection spray before styling your pre-bonded hair extensions, especially when you intend to use hair styling equipment such as heated rollers, irons, and tongs. Use hairspray, gels, and serums sparingly as they can ruin the bonds.
5. Always use recommended hair products to keep your pre-bonded hair extensions in top shape. You can buy your aftercare products from reputable sellers that have extensive experience in hair styling and hair extensions.