AOL has a huge subscriber base and AOL mail is their premier product. If you somehow lost your AOL mail password then there is no need to worry as can use their password recovery services to recover your password very easily.
But it gets problematic when you don’t have access to your phone number because AOL resets the password with the use of phone number. Well, AOL does not rely on the phone number to reset the password, it offers various other ways to reset the password as well. AOL customer service number will give full information about the password recovery of AOL in details.
Today, we are going to look at ways to recover your AOL mail password when you don’t have access to your phone number.
Before we look into that, just a friendly reminder that you can use your browsers to store your passwords. So, if you’ve been using this feature of the browsers then your AOL mail password might have been stored in there. Just have a look before resetting your password.
Now, we can move forward to recover AOL mail password without a phone number.
Recover AOL mail password without phone number
You can recover the AOL mail password with the help of recovery email address you provided at the sign in time and here are the steps to recover it.
Steps to recover AOL mail password with a recovery email address.
1. Open the AOL mail webpage.
2. Enter your Username in the box and then tap on ‘Next’.
3. Now, click on the ‘I Forgot My Password’ link to proceed.
4. Now, you’ll be asked ‘Do you have access to this email’ for the recovery email address.
5. Tap on the ‘Yes’ button to proceed and send a Verification code to your recovery email account.
6. Now, go to your alternate email address and search for recent email for recovery of AOL account.
7. Copy the verification code from that email.
8. Go to your AOL page and paste the code the given text box and click on ‘Continue’ to proceed further.
9. Now, you’ll be redirected to a page where you’ll set the new password for your AOL mail account.
10. Create the new password and continue with it, login to your AOL mail to see if the password is working.
That’s it, your AOL password has been recovered and you’ll be able to login to your AOL mail from anywhere. Now, this should work for most people but if you are the one whose account is not recovered by this then you should contact AOL technical support number and get exclusive help from them. The folks at AOL help number are pretty friendly and they provide instant support to everyone who is in need of support on the AOL related matters.