Europe is stunning and there is so much to see and do there. For years you can keep planning your vacations in Europe and keep visiting new places. Each season has some unique and amazing experiences to offer. So which are the best countries to visit in Europe? I have been fortunate to travel to lots of European countries. Here is a list of my favourite countries.
1. Switzerland - With the breath-taking Alps, snow-covered mountains, pristine lakes, and quaint villages, Switzerland have lured honeymooners for ages. Everyone wants to go to Switzerland and why not? One of the places which have universal appeal. Bern and Zurich are the historical towns.
2. Italy - Rome, Venice, Florence, Pisa, Amalfi Coast, Milan - do I need to say more? The whole of the country is not only breath-taking but has so much history, art and culture to offer. The Amalfi coast has the world’s best coastline. And can we forget the delicious cuisine? You can keep on visiting Italy.
3. France - Considered to be one of the most romantic countries, France not only possesses unparalleled beauty but has the best to offer in fashion, food, and wine. Paris, Milan, Nice, French Alps are places which are most visited in the world. French Riviera, The Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Tuileries Garden and road-side cafes are some of the most popular attractions in France.
4. Greece - This is one of the best vacation destination of the world. There are majestic archaeological ruins, quaint villages and picturesque islands like Santorini and Mykonos. The islands with their blue-domed churches and whitewashed houses have a Mediterranean beauty that is out of this world. The friendly locals are a bonus.
5. The United Kingdom - London is my favourite city and the one which excites me always. You can never get bored in London with its captivating buildings, iconic attractions, free museums, unlimited shopping, and cosmopolitan culture. Scotland is just stunning.
6. Croatia - This is an emerging destination and everyone must see it. Dubrovnik, Plitvice Lakes, Split, Hear are places which must be explored. There is so much to see in Croatia or Best places to visit in Croatia, that it can confuse most visitors.
7. Iceland – This picturesque country has wild mountains, cascading waterfalls, thermal pools, and exquisite landscaping. It is beautiful in summer and winter. And can we forget Northern Lights which draws everyone to this magical location?
8. Norway - Famous for its fjords, midnight sun and Northern Lights, Norway is one destination that should be visited by everyone because it is so different from others. It has more than 1200 fjords, picture-perfect lakes, and lush forest. What more do you want?
9. Spain - This country is not only famous for football. It has captivating beaches, historic towns, whimsical castles, and staggering mountains. Ibiza is famous all over the world as one of the best party places in the world. A country that is really popular amongst the next-gen.
10. The Czech Republic - It's capital Budapest is enough to give everyone a tough competition. The Austro-Hungarian architecture, the flamboyant Parliament House, Danube River, thermal baths, buzzing theatre scene - it has so much to offer. A must visit. There are many other countries in Eastern Europe that deserve a visit.
These are my favourite locations in Europe. Which one is your favourite?