Brushing teeth comes in daily routine. We all are brushing our teeth on daily basis. But most people may be brushing their teeth in the wrong way and not even realize it. Brushing mistakes can lead to tooth decay, gum disease, and, of course, the dreaded bad breath.
Just a small change in our brushing style, can save your teeth from various oral problems. Here are 5 common brushing mistakes you might be making:
1. Consistent Use of Same Tooth Brush - the average life of a toothbrush is about three months.
2. Brushing Teeth Long Enough - the average person’s brushing time is only 45 seconds
3. Using A Toothbrush That's Too Hard - soft bristles is generally recommended over hard or even medium.
4. Brushing Too Soon After A Meal - wait at least 30 minutes after a meal.
5. Neglecting The Tongue - after brushing your teeth clean your tongue to prevent bad breath and remove bacteria.
By consider these some changes to your teeth-brushing routine every week. You’ll notice that your mouth feels fresher. Regular visits to the Downtown Toronto dentist and avoiding these teeth-brushing mistakes will ensure oral health care.