You would expect because we are living a digital age where access to information is easy, there are a lot of myths and misinformation surrounding mental health rehab rescue programs. You will be surprised to see and hear people claiming that mental health is not a health and it only affects the rich and that "individuals with emotional well-being issues should take care of their business and move on.
Explanations of this sort are dangerous; such claims do a big disservice to patients suffering and seeking mental health rehab rescue programs. However, when you look at the bigger picture, such comments are destroying mental health rehab rescue programs. So it has fallen onto us to discuss the great importance of mental health rehab rescue programs.
How Common Is Mental Health Illness?
As indicated by the National Alliance of Mental Illness (NAMI), around one out of five Americans encounter some psychological issue every year. Besides, around 10 per cent experience psychological problem altogether meddles with at least one significant aspect of their daily lives.
From schizophrenia to bipolar confusion, there is various genuine emotional wellness issue that can make everyday living practically incomprehensible. Simultaneously, endless Americans likewise live with mental health enslavement, gloom and uneasiness issues. Truth be told, the NAMI gauges that, every year, more than 18 per cent of the U.S. populace encounters posttraumatic stress issue or understandable fears. NAMI insights additionally uncover that more than 20 million Americans battle with alcohol and substance abuse, with over portion of these individuals likewise encountering co-happening psychological maladjustment issue.
Results of Lack of Treatment from Mental health rehab rescue programs
Mental health and behavioral health issues can make life agonizing for the individuals who have them. Simultaneously, these issues can widely affect society overall, particularly when they go untreated or when one postpones treatment from the mental rehab rescue program. The accompanying findings from NAMI shed light on this reality:
1. Not seeking mental health rehab rescue programs costs the U.S about $193.2 billion in lost income yearly.
2. State of mind issue, for example, bipolar issue, are the third most normal purpose behind hospitalization for patients between the ages of 18 and 44.
3. American grown-ups living with psychological sickness pass on at an early age at 25 years younger than compared to a healthy individual
4. 37 per cent of understudies experiencing an emotional wellness condition drop out and fail to receive high school diplomas
5. Over 90% of kids who pass on by self-destruction experience the ill effects of mental health or behavioural health issue.
After reading this blog, what is your stand on mental health rehab rescue programs? Are you convinced that we need more such rehab rescue programs in the country? The moment we, as a nation, realize that mental health is an issue that is killing the country will never win the war against mental health illness.