Buying your first home is a very special thing. It can be perceived as your first purchase into adulthood for many people. Making sure it checks off all of the things on your checklist of a perfect home. Imagine yourself buying your home for the first time. Researching for hours and hours online to see where the best neighborhood are, what kind of home fits your style, and what size of home you want. The prices are fluctuating, the hunt is not as easy as you thought it would be, but when you find that perfect home, it just clicks. However, finding that perfect takes a bit. How long is the commute to your work? Do you have children? Are you living alone? What is your budget? Are all questions you have to know the answers to right off the bat. Once you go through several online websites, some saying a house for sale, some stating, “need to sell a house fast,” you finally find the few that are worthy enough for you to physically go look at. When you walk in what would you want to see? A bare home that shows all of the architectural features, a clean home, a well-organized home, and a stable home that is not falling apart. Once you choose your home you hopefully will live in the home for as long as you can. Grow in it, make memories in it, and so on and so forth. The longer you stay the more attached you get, or the more you really just want to leave. If you are already tired of your home and you are in dire need to sell a house fast, here are 7 smart tips to help you sell your home as fast as possible.
1. Many individuals do not realize this, but purchasing a storage unit is essential for when your home is open for people to prance through it. Usually, people hold onto things they do not use every single day. If you are not using it every day, store it away. Think back to when you were looking at homes for yourself. You would want to walk through a clutter-free, organized, and clean home. With fewer things, your home is bound to look more attractive. Any excess decorations, additional seasonal clothing, and gadgets you do not find yourself using as often as every day, it is safe to say to store away the junk and make your home fresh for the incoming visitors. Storage units are a quick fix, instead of stuffing things in storage closets, the garage, addicts, and/or basements, it would be easier and cleaner to store them away from your home. Also, if you use a portable storage unit, it will make moving a lot easier because your things will be delivered to your other home.
2. Upgrade little things around your home. By no means will I tell you to remodel your entire family room and bathroom, however, I deem appropriate decorations and small upgrades necessary. Visiting home improvement stores as well as department stores with home sections in them are very useful. Changing up the sink faucets in some bathrooms could make a big difference. Giving the bathroom a clean look with nice frames and matching towels will give the whole place a better appeal which will give the buyer a bigger incentive to go ahead and purchase the home.
3. Having said that, the upgrades do not only come with decorations but with lighting as well. Brightening up your home is another key tip if you need to sell a house fast. Purchase some curtains that allow light to emanate through your windows, especially when it comes to bigger rooms. Purchasing nice bright light bulbs to place all over your home will give your home an overall sense of positivity. Purchase warmly toned lights for more comfortable and winding down parts of your home, however, you should purchase cool toned lights for a part of your home that needs to be brighter and awake like the office, kitchen, dining room, etc.
4. Once the decorations and additional lighting are all bought, an additional imperative key to prepare your home is to remove any personal items in it. If you have pictures, cards, or anything that is personalized, throw it in the storage unit. You want the potential buyers to picture themselves making memories in your home without the distractions of the other memories already made in it. You also do not want them to be distracted from the highlighted and beautiful architectural features your house has to offer.
5. After the physical removal and additions you made to your home so it can be suitable for potential buyers to look through it, it is time to hire a professional photographer to work their magic. Hiring a professional photographer will allow a fresh pair of eyes to give you opinions on how to better your home or to keep it as is. It will also allow you to have professional pictures of your home to advertise with. The photos you use are the first impression that the potential buyers are going to have on your home. Your goal should be to make them as aesthetically pleasing as possible to be able to reel in a sufficient amount of people. If you can not afford a professional photographer, using a camera and asking a friend to go through your home is a perfect second option.
6. You should absolutely promote and advertise your home yourself. Use various websites and your social media platforms to spread the word. Telling your friends and family will connect you to tons of other people that may be looking for a home. You can spread the word around at your office, neighborhood, and any organizations you are apart of!
7. With advertising your home yourself, you should also hire the best real estate agent. Read into all of the real estate agents that have the best reviews. Other customers’ experiences are imperative to know whether or not this real estate agent knows what he/she is doing.