If you are not aware, then you should know that a few changes have been made in affiliation bye-laws 2018, and are not just confined to the modus-operandi of the affiliation process. However, also cover things such as suggesting or mandating changes as per the need and school all the aspects that come under school management.
If you are wondering what will we talk about in this article, then don’t worry, we will be focusing on helping school promoters on how to start and get affiliated to CBSE and have their own CBSE School franchise. With the help of CBSE Affiliation Bye-Laws 2018. You can divide this law into two parts- pre affiliation and then the second that is post-affiliation norms.
When talking about the pre-affiliation norms, it will be applicable to schools that are aspiring to become and open their CBSE school franchise in India. Whereas with the help of the post-affiliation process that is already applied to schools that are already being inspected by the affiliation committee followed by their recommendations being approved.
Moreover with Central Board Of Secondary Education (CBSE) is the national board of school education that has 27783 affiliated school till this date under its belt with a student count of 2 crores and are taught by 70 lakhs teachers. With more and more people getting involved then, CBSE will see a noteworthy change in our education system of India.
Another essential aspect to be kept in mind is that the revamped version of the affiliation bye-laws October 2018, it is expected to benefit many of us. Such changes were made after hearing the plea that the law is quite complicated and the previous bye-laws were extremely hard to follow and difficult to comprehend.
So this new and revised avatar of the bye-laws document is sharp, concise and puts into effect various qualitative changes in the roles of bodies. For example, the subtle priority shift in the affiliation-inspection committee, then more focus on learning and outcomes and last but not least redefining the role and importance of teachers.
Now let us talk about school franchise opportunity -
You should know that CBSE provides affiliation to the schools both in the country and abroad, the nomenclature used by CBSE for different types of affiliation are listed below-
1) If you want approval for Middle-Class Syllabus that requires the issuance of permission by the board to run through the board’s curriculum till class VIII.
2) One requires general affiliation of a Secondary School/Senior Secondary School.
3) For upgradation of a school approved for Middle-School Syllabus up to Secondary/Senior Secondary Level.
4) If you need upgradation of an affiliated Secondary School to Senior Secondary Level.
5) If you would like to switch over of Schools up to Secondary and Senior Secondary Level, then the schools that are already affiliated with other Boards of education are granted affiliation to CBSE under such category.
6) If you want regular affiliation of schools, then you must know that one-time proper affiliation will be granted to the schools run by Government and related societies such as Central Schools, Navodaya Vidyalayas, Sainik Schools and many more.
However, the single most differentiating measure that has been taken into effect by the revamped version of the law is the provision of mandatory composite affiliation. Before the revamped version it was earlier applicable to selective categories only.
Now it is mandatory for the schools to run all classes starting from the incipient class and take it up to the class for which the affiliation has been granted. For example, class 1st to 8th class, 1st to 10, from 6th to 8th,6th to 10th, 6th to 12th.
In the end, we hope that this article gave you more clarity on how to start a school that is affiliated to CBSE and what are the requirements and procedure that you need to be aware of.