Maharashtra Common Entrance Test (MHT CET) is conducted by State Common Entrance Test Cell on behalf of Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. We Have mention list of Best Coaching Classes In Nagpur fo MHT-CET Preparation.
1. MHT CET is conducted as a state-level entrance test every year to offer admission into B.E/B.Tech, B.Pharmacy and Agriculture courses in various government and private institutions situated in the state of Maharashtra.
2. As per the changes made by DTE Maharashtra, MHT CET will be conducted in online CBT mode.
3. The difficulty level in MHT CET question papers will be similar to JEE Main for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and Biology paper difficulty level will be as per the NEET exam.
4. MHT CET 2020 Application Form will be released in the month of February 2020. Since less than a year is left candidates must start preparing for the exam. Read the article to know the tentative exam dates, preparation tips, important books, syllabus, and pattern.
MHT CET 2020 Exam Highlights
Changes Introduced in MHT CET 2020:
1. Earlier MHT CET used to be based entirely on Class 12 syllabus of HSC Board of Maharashtra. Now, students will have to study Class 11 syllabus as well.
2. In MHT CET Syllabus 2020, 20% weightage is given to class 11th standard syllabus and 80% weightage is given to class 12th standard syllabus.
3. The level of difficulty of MHT CET 2020 will be raised and be almost equal to JEE Main in terms of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and NEET for Biology.
4. The approximate number of questions based on the 11th standard will be 10 and 40 from class 12. The questions will be application-based.
5. In MHT CET 2020, questions will not be asked from the chapter on complex numbers of Class 11.
MHT CET 2020 Exam Dates
The online application process for MHT CET 2020 is expected to start from the second week of February 2020. MHT CET 2020 examination will be conducted in the second week of May 2020 (tentative). Tentative important dates of MHT CET 2020 is given below:
MHT CET 2020 Eligibility
Before applying for MHT CET 2020, candidates must check the eligibility criteria set by the Directorate of Technical Education, Maharashtra. Only those candidates who will satisfy the eligibility criteria will be allowed to appear in MHT CET 2020. Below is the eligibility of MHT CET 2020
1. The candidate should be a citizen of India.
2. here is no age limit to appear in MHT CET 2020.
3. Candidate must have passed HSC/class XII exam or its equivalent examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the subjects – Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/Technical/Vocational subjects.
4. Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (HSC/XII) in 2020 are considered eligible.
5. Candidates must have secured a minimum of 50% marks (for General Category) and at least 45% marks (for reserved category and Persons with Disability candidates) in aggregate of 5 subjects.
6. Female candidates are not eligible for mining engineering course.
The basic eligibility for MHT CET is that candidates must have passed class 12th from a recognized board or equivalent. The separate eligibility conditions for all the courses have been given below:
For Engineering Courses
1. Nationality of candidates should be an Indian.
2. Candidates must have passed class 12th exam or HSC examination with subjects namely, Physics, Chemistry, English and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/Technical Vocational subject.
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% aggregate marks for reserved category candidates) must be obtained.
4. Passed Diploma in Engineering and Technology and obtained at least 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category)
5. Obtained qualifying marks in JEE Main Paper 1 (All India Candidature Candidates, Jammu and Kashmir Migrant Candidature Candidates)
For Pharmacy courses
1. Candidate should be an Indian National.
2. Applicant must have completed class 12th with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology /Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject. For candidates of general category, the minimum percentage criterion is 45% and for the reserved category, it is 40%.
3. There is no age limit applicable to this course.