One of the major error users face while opening QuickBooks is QuickBooks has stopped working. This can happen if the file name is too long or hard drive is damaged. In this blog, we will enlighten you with the causes, symptoms and methods to resolve ‘QuickBooks has stopped working’.
Reasons behind “QuickBooks has stopped working”
- The company name is too long therefore “QuickBooks has stopped working”.
- Corrupted QBWUSER.INI file can also lead to this error.
- Your hard drive is damaged.
- QuickBooks has stopped working because the program files are corrupted.
- QuickBooks Desktop isn’t functioning properly.
- Damaged Windows operating system.
Symptoms of “QuickBooks has stopped working”
- Your computer shuts down while running an application.
- QuickBooks Desktop stops working suddenly.
- Your system freezes and doesn’t respond to any kind of inputs.
- QuickBooks won’t open.
Solutions to Fix “QuickBooks has stopped working” Issue
- Firstly, download QuickBooks Repair Tool.
- Then, you need to save the file on the desktop.
- Close all the running programs and then install the tool.
- It will take some time to scan the device.
- Once the process is finished, restart your system.
- First of all, you have to restart your PC.
- If the issue still prevails, switch off the anti-virus application.
- Rename QBWUSER.INI, but this will slow down the opening of organization documents.
- So, you have to open the organization files manually.
- Change the name of Entitlement DataStore.ecml file.
You can also perform clean install of QuickBooks. Then, re-install QuickBooks to rectify QuickBooks has stopped working.
Many a times, the folder where you have stored the company file gets corrupted. So, you need to follow the steps given below to solve it:
- Firstly, press Windows E together from your keyboard to open “Computer” window.
- Find data file with .qbw extension.
- Once you find the company file, right-click on it and choose Copy.
- Now, go to C: Drive and create a new folder.
- Save the folder with QBTEST.
- Open QBTEST and paste the company file in it.
- After that, open QuickBooks.
- Choose Open or Restore an Existing Company.
- Lastly, open the company file stored in QBTEST folder.
The above solutions will help you fix QuickBooks has stopped working. If the issue still remains unfixed, then speak to our QuickBooks ProAdvisor at QuickBooks Support Toll Free Number 1-877-263-2742 for instant assistance.