Owning a car is, in many ways, similar to owning a house. Granted, you do not live in it, but you do spend a considerable time there, so it’s only natural to invest in chrome car accessories that add more comfort and give it a more personal touch. Some say that the default features that cars come with are more than enough, but only a true car enthusiast knows the joy of handpicking unique accessories and making a factory car look their own. No matter the make, model and year of fabrication, cars are financial and emotional investments. They have their own personality and they accompany you on your most exciting adventures. Whether you want to further enhance your car’s features or simply improve its aesthetic appeal, accessories are a must. Here are just a few examples of high quality automotive accessories that every car lover needs in their life.
Interior accessories – for that extra touch of comfort
The latest predictions for the auto industry reveal two clear trends: on the one hand, there is a massive interest in everything tech (self-parking, next gen navigation, auto cybersecurity) and one, the other hand, comfort upgrades are more popular than ever. And, if the former require quite a considerable budget, the latter are definitely more forgiving on the wallet. There are many types of interior chrome car accessories that make the car a more comfortable place and enhance the driving experience, but these are the ones you should include on your list first:
· Seat covers. Most drivers don’t even think about adding a car seat cover until the ones that the car comes with start to look old and ragged. However, you shouldn’t wait that long. Seat covers are an excellent way of preventing damage to the original car seats and the highest quality ones also provide stain resistance. For example, if you frequently drive your kids around, protective seat covers are the best way to avoid nasty stains to your precious seats. Also, they are a great way to spruce up the car interior when you’ve grown tired of the same color palette.
· Floor mats. When thinking of interior car glamor, floor mats might not be the first accessory that comes to mind, but floor mat designs have come a long way in the past years, becoming one of those subtle, but impactful accessories that add a touch of elegance. Needless to say, floor mats play an essential role in protecting the car floor, especially if you live in a colder area. In terms of materials, you can choose between rubber and carpet, depending on your needs.
· Steering wheel covers. For some, the idea of adding a steering wheel cover may sound a bit controversial, but this car accessory will come in handy if you’re worried that the leather on the wheel will peel off because of the weather or because of daily wear and tear. Plus, a new cover gives you the chance to play around with the look and feel of your car!
Exterior accessories – the wow factor
If interior chrome car accessories are more for the driver’s eyes and comfort and not necessarily meant to impress someone else, exterior accessories are what you need if you want to turn heads. From flashy chrome car parts to original bumpers and custom grilles, these are the exterior chrome car accessories that every true car enthusiast should consider.
· Chrome door handles. Sleek and elegant, chrome door handles add a touch to sophistication to any vehicle, be it a limo or a sports car.
· Custom grilles. For an impressive frontal look, replace your regular grilles with custom Chrome car parts that add more personality and style.
· Fuel door covers. Love details? Then a custom, eye catchy fuel door cover is just what you need to escape the ordinary!
· Headlight bezels. If your standard headlight bezels don’t have that bling factor you’re looking for, then choose chrome car accessories for cars that stand out more!
When shopping for automotive chrome car accessories, it can be easy to get lost in aesthetics and forget that performance is just as important. While the following accessories may not provide the biggest impact in terms of looks, they do enhance the driver’s experience and prolong the lifespan of the car. There are a lot of parts you can upgrade, but you can start with the following:
· Winch cable stoppers. If you’re frequently having trouble removing the hook from the fairlead, then purchasing a winch cable stopper is a great idea. At the same time, the winch cable stopper reduces the risk of injuries.
· Car suspensions. Whether you plan on taking your vehicle on an off-road adventure or you just feel that the ride isn’t as comfortable as it used to be, you should replace the factory suspension with performance ones that match you driving style and driving conditions. For instance, if you drive your car on rough terrain or the condition of your local roads isn’t the best, you ought to invest in suspensions for increased comfort and protection. Examples of suspension parts you need include shock absorbers, springs, body lifts and control arm brackets.
· Engine components. A healthy, well-maintained engine is key if you want a highly performant, energy efficient vehicle. So, don’t wait for your car to break down before you research the best engine components. High quality oil filler caps, mount transmissions, engine mounts and oil dipstick handles – these are just some of the engine components that should be on your shopping list.
Types of automotive lights you should invest in
Car lights are some of those accessories that always seem to malfunction, even in expensive vehicles, so it’s always a good idea to have a few spares in your garage. Of course, you have make sure that your choice of automotive lights is legal, because some states have stricter requirements and you can’t use absolutely anything. Apart from headlights, which are obviously important, other lights you should inspect regularly are tail lights, license lights and fog lights. Tail lights, for instance, make your car more visible at night and thus reduce the risk of accidents in low visibility conditions.
In general, when purchasing car lights, you should consider practicality first and foremost, but sometimes you have a room for creativity, especially in the case of license lights. You can also consider replacing your interior car lights if the ones that the car came with are too dim. LED lights are the best idea in this case, because they are energy efficient, have a long-life span and still provide plenty of light, so passengers can read at night. For an extra touch of originality, play around with various color LED lights to decorate the car interior. Just make sure that they are not uncomfortable or distracting for you as a driver.
Where to buy automotive accessories
Now that you know what chrome car accessories you should invest in, you probably want to make a list of vendors that sell them at affordable prices. However, price should not be the defining factor when choosing car accessories, because the product you receive could be low quality. It’s natural to want to enjoy deals and discounts, but cheap accessories could even put your life in danger or cause damage to your car, so try to look at quality, not quantity. Here are some tips that will help you find quality car accessories without breaking the bank:
® Shop online! Land-based stores have higher prices because they have to pay more rent, which is why online products are cheaper in general. Sites such as The Chrome Warehouse always have special offers going on and you can save hundreds by stocking up on chrome car accessories here. If you’re not sure what accessories are best, then you can have a look at them in a physical store and then look for them online to save money.
® Opt for aftermarket accessories and car components. Original car components are a luxury purchase and if you want to buy directly from a brand such as Porsche, Mercedes or Bentley you should be ready to spend a lot. If you aren’t ready to do this, buy from aftermarket brands instead. Contrary to common belief, they have the same high quality, they are made from durable materials, but you’re not paying for the brand name, so the price tag is much lower.
® Be skeptical of used car accessories. Second-hand car accessories sound like a great way to customize your car without spending a lot of money, but sometimes they are risky business, because they don’t provide the same durability, have limited warranty and could malfunction any time.
Last, but not least, regardless of the type of car accessories you want to buy – be them interior, exterior, performance or car lighting – you should always check the reputability of the seller. This way, you know for sure that you are getting your money’s worth and that, should something be wrong with your order, you can find a professional to talk to.