Eating is something that everybody loves, and what’s better than sitting in the comfort of your home, watching some show or just idling with your family or friends, then ordering food from your favorite restaurant at your fingertips. So, food delivery apps are a new rage, from restaurant owners making their food ordering app for you to deliver food, while sitting on your sofa to services such as Swiggy, Zomato, food panda which act as a collaboration platform between those restaurants and the clients. Therefore, mobile app development for food delivery is easy with the advent of numerous tools and technologies, but relying on the kind of app that you are building, you may need to follow, some specific guidelines:
Things to consider while developing an on-demand food delivery app:-
• Navigation system- This feature provides several restaurants, as well as the choice of food categories.
• Should be Informative- When selecting a restaurant and a meal, a user should see all the necessary information for making a decision such as description, reviews, price, rating, promotional, payment features, offers, and so on.
• Convenience of ordering- This feature shows that the order needs a minimum action, without any unnecessary steps.
• Visual appeal- Application should be attractive, and user-friendly. In a way, it should encourage users to order more food.
• Modes of communication- This feature enables user, to use different modes of communication to place their order. For example- Domino’s. They have their own bot name Dom for the Facebook messenger. It helps the user to choose and place their order.
Types of Apps for Food Delivery:
This type of mobile application development provides a platform to connect a customer with the restaurant where they just accept the order and pass them to restaurants. However, this application does not manage the delivery process. That is the reason why only big restaurants with their own delivery systems using this app.
Logistic support mode
This type of application involves third-party delivery personnel, who pick up prepared orders from restaurants and bring them to customers. Therefore, such kind of model has a huge market potential, where it covers small restaurants, which doesn’t have their delivery services.
Below are the given types of Mobile App Solutions in Food Ordering App:
• Customer App
• Driver App
• Admin Panel/App
Features of Customer Application:
• Register- This feature provides a user to register directly with the app.
• Registration of Card- Here user can register their cards directly from the app for the auto payment feature.
• Wish list/Favorite- User can add food, to the wish list, which can be search and order at any time they want.
• Re-order- This feature enables the user, to order their previous orders.
• Sorting and Filter- It allows the user to place their order based on price, categories, keywords, etc.
• Order food- It allows user, to place their order from any nearby eatery, which listed on the app.
• Pick-up and Drop Location- This provides the ability for the user to select pick up and drop location.
• Delivery Charge- Here’ the feature helps to show the delivery charges while booking the Delivery guy and the final payment.
• Live package tracking- Customer can track the status of the order.
• Automatic Payment- Once the delivery is complete’ payment will be deducted automatically.
• Multiple Cards- This provides the option for the user to add multiple cards for payment.
• History- This provides the ability to track the previous order history.
Features of Driver Application:
• Register- This feature helps delivery guys to register directly from the mobile app.
• Booking- Here in this feature delivery guy gets some time to approve or disapprove any new booking requests.
• Status- Here delivery guy can update the customer when he or she does the below activity:
i) Accepted/rejected the booking.
ii) Picked up Order.
iii) Delivered the Order.
• Booking History- This feature allows courier partners can track the booking history.
Features of the Admin Application:
Admin- Here admin can view and manage the Deliveries, Earning, Order History, rating/review Order Notification, etc.
Manage item and Customer- This feature enables the Admin to manage the order and the items.
Add/Remove Item- Admin can add or remove the item as per the performance and quality service.
View & Manage Reports- Given feature allow Admin to view and manage financial reports.
Overall history- This feature lets, admin to keep track of all the order history related to the user and the item.
Below are the given necessary features for Food Delivery Apps:
Live Order Tracking
Every customer wants to know the delivery process, so you should provide this option to track the order. Furthermore, this feature is also useful for restaurants, because it helps the restaurants to analyze the process of preparation.
Rewards & Offers
Customers always look for the value proposition deals and hence they look for ongoing incentives such as loyalty system, discounts, and coupons, which are running offers. Therefore, this feature also helps to bring more customers to the business.
Multiple platforms to Order
As, we all are concentrating on Android and iOS app development, but we need to keep in mind about the customer having various other options for ordering food. So, apart from the mobile app, you should keep options of websites ordering or desktop app food ordering.
Secure payment gateways
Online security has become a significant concern for everyone. Therefore, app development companies ensuring, that they are providing safe and secure payment methods in their app because secure payment methods help to build trust and relation.
So, for wrapping up, above are the given complete detail of on-demand food delivery app, which will not only help to convert more customer into repeat customers but, still look into the alternate ways to monetizing your business.