#MTBoSBlaugust ... join us!
August 1 ... yikes! I'm not ready for school :)
I have 2 weeks to get myself in gear!
To help with this process, I'm going to blog this month ... blaugust! I jumped into a conversation between Shelli and Pam, discovered they were creating a list of blogging topics. I got excited! I hope you'll join us ... we learn so much from one another when we share online!
Check out Shelli's post ... and here is the list duplicated. Choose a topic and write!
Prompts for the MTBoS Blaugust 2015
- What do you hope to get out of Blaugust this year?
- Show us your classroom
- Top 5 Tips for New Teachers
- What are your Back to School Must-Haves?
- What would you like to Start doing this school year? What would you like to Stop doing? What would you like to Continue doing?
- One time in math class... (as a teacher)
- One time in math class…(when I was a student…)
- Something I read/learned this summer that intrigued me…
- Pinned It, Did It and/or Pinned it, Did it, It flopped.
- Recipe Swap for Busy Teachers
- Something that makes your classroom unique
- A mentor/colleague who impacted your classroom/teaching…
- The best teacher I ever had was …. because ...
- How do you tame the paper tiger?
- Brain breaks for students.
- Favorite take 5 for yourself?
- Be the Change.. what will you do this year to impact the culture of your school and/or classroom?
- Using your school mascot, create an acrostic of character traits you wish to instill in your students
- What is your focus/theme/mantra for the year and why? Create and share a notecard for your desk as a reminder.
- What are your go to quotes?
- Reblog an old post - reflect how you see/use it now?
- What are your favorite formative assessment strategies?
- Professional Growth Goal
- What are your best organizational tips?
- Theme song for the year? like your personal fight song?
- What is something in your classroom that you cannot live without?
- What’s a positive change you would like to make in your life - could be at school/home/health?
- Last time you belly laughed…
- List of gratitude.
- Describe a typical day (or hour) in your classroom.
- What is your biggest classroom pet-peeve?
- Link to 3 blog posts that impacted you and share why.
- Read 3 posts from blogs you’ve never visited, give a quick take-away from each.
- What is your greatest joy in teaching? What is your greatest fear?
- Tell us about you! Post 20 facts about yourself.
- What are your New School Year Goals or Resolutions?
- What’s in (and on) your teacher desk?
- Interact with a new follower and use FORE from Make It Stick reading, then introduce them in a post?
- What’s the 10th song on your device playlist? What memory does it conjure?
- Text 5 people, ask them for 1 word that describes you and reflect.
- What’s your “One Good Thing” for today?
- What do you do on parent night / open house?
- What’s the toughest challenge you face as a teacher today?
- A favorite activity that is fun and leads to learning…
- A nostalgic thing/activity in your classroom you wish to modify and improve.