Hello, you lovely lot!
As you know, things have been a bit busy here, but I thought it was about time for a free pattern. So here's Moggy. She's my new doorstop.
And why would I want to make a new doorstop, you wonder? Well, I have this little dog called Lola. She is a year old now and very, very cute.
See? That's my old doorstop. Anyhoos, I thought I'd reuse the filling and the bag of sand to make another.
This is an easy project; Moggy is crocheted in continuous rounds of single crochet (UK doubles) in amigurumi-style. I used some leftover chunky yarn from my stash, so she worked up quickly, too.
You could use any yarn to make yours.
You'll need: Yarn and hook to match (I used Sublime Chunky Merino x2 50g balls and a 6.5mm hook) Polyester toy filling/ a bag of sand/ rice to add weight Stitch marker 2x 13mm safety eyes Length of contrasting yarn for nose Ribbon
Stitches and Abbreviations: I use US terms, so single crochet= same as UK double crochet here. Chain (ch) Single crochet (sc) Stitches (sts) Single Crochet 2 Together (sc2tog)
To single crochet 2 together: Insert hook into next stitch. Yarn over, pull up a loop. (2 loops on hook) Insert hook into next stitch. Yarn over, pull up a loop (3 loops on hook) Yarn over and pull through all 3 loops.
Pattern Starting from the bottom and working up Make 6 sc in magic ring OR ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook.
1. 2sc in each sc (12 sts) 2. 2sc in each sc (24) 3. Sc 24
4. (Sc 1, 2scs in next st) repeat around (36) 5. Sc 36
6. (Sc 3, 2scs in next st) repeat around (45) 7. (Sc 2, 2scs in next st) repeat around (60)
8-21. Sc 60
22. (Sc 2, sc2tog) repeat around (45)
Begin stuffing /add your bag of sand
23. (Sc 3, sc2tog) repeat around (36) 24. (Sc 1, sc2tog) repeat around (24) 25. Sc 24
26. (Sc 1, 2scs in next st) repeat around (36) 27-28. Sc 36
29. (Sc 5, 2scs in next st) repeat around (42) 30-33. Sc 42
34. (Sc 5, sc2tog) repeat around (36) 35-36. Sc 36
Ear 1 To make the ears, you will work both 'halves' of the head separately 37. Sc 9, turn, sc 9 (18)
Add eyes and stitch nose. Stuff as you go.
38. Sc2tog, sc 5, sc2tog, sc2tog, sc 5, sc2tog (14) 39. Sc2tog, sc 4, sc2tog, sc 6 (12) 40. Sc2tog, sc 3, sc2tog, sc 5 (10) 41. Sc2tog around (5)
Ear 2 Repeat rows 37-41 You will have a slight gap between the ears, which can be sewn closed at the end.
Make 6 sc in magic ring OR ch2, 6 sc in 2nd chain from hook.
1. (Sc 1, 2scs in next st) repeat around (9)
2. Sc 9 3. (Sc 2, 2scs in next st) repeat around (12) 4. Sc 12 5. (Sc 1, 2scs in next st) repeat around (18) 6-9. Sc18
10. (Sc 1, sc2tog) repeat around (12) 11. Sc 12 12. (Sc2, sc2tog) repeat around (9) 13-14. Sc9
Fasten off, leaving 30cm tail for sewing on later.
Finishing off Sew the tail to the side of the body. Add a ribbon to your Moggy's neck. Sew the gap between the ears closed.
There you go- your very own Moggy doorstop.
Mine will have a new home upstairs, well away from the bad doggy...
Have a great week, everyone xx