Sleek Low Bun Hair Tutorial
At last, I’m finally sharing this highly requested sleek low bun hair tutorial with Nexxus New York Salon Care. This is my go-to look when I want something sleek, but super easy. I also love this style for a night out, paired with a red lip and and I’m good to go. Lets jump right into it!
1. Start with your hair down, parted in the way you like it. Second or third day hair works best with this style.
2. After I spray in some product, I use a soft bristle brush to smooth down my hair and I brush it into a low ponytail.
3. Once it’s in the ponytail, I use a bit of gel to smooth out any flyways and give it a bit of hold. You can use a little now and then a bit more at the end.
4. This is the key part. I use my finger to hold the bun in place and keep twisting my hair around the base. Twist, twist twist, while using your pointer to hold the base. If it takes you a few tries, don’t get discouraged! Practice makes perfect.
5. I then secure with a ponytail holder. There might be a few hairs that are sticking out, but don’t worry about that.
6. To further secure and clean up the miscellaneous pieces of hair, I use a couple of bobby pins around my bun. The bun doesn’t have to be perfect!
7. If the bun looks like it’s tilted a bit to the right or left, you can gently shift it to the middle.
8. Finish with a strong finish hairspray. Done!