Disney’s Apple Caramel Pie
You can find this delicious Apple Caramel Pie in Disney World at the Whispering Canyon Cafe in Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. It’s a moderately priced restaurant in Walt Disney World with a lot of personality!! It has a fun atmosphere your whole family will enjoy, and of course you’ll have to try the Disney’s Apple Caramel Pie for dessert! You will love the sugar cookie bottom, apple filling with cinnamon spices, a delicous crunchy topping and then coated with caramel! It would be perfect for your Thanksgiving and holiday dinner dessert! And the best part is that it’s so very easy to make!Print Disney's Apple Caramel Pie
Author: Six Sisters Stuff Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time: 20 mins Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 20 mins
Serves: 12 servings
This is the best apple caramel pie with a delicious sugar cookie crust.
- 16.5 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough (we used Pillsbury)
- ½ cup flour
- 2½ pounds apples, peeled cored and sliced thin (Honey Crisp or Granny Smith works great)
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅛ cup flour
- 1½ teaspoons Apple Pie Spice
- 1¼ cups caramel topping
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ teaspoons apple pie spice
- ½ cup butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 10 inch springform pan or a pan similar to that size with an edge.
- Mix the cookie dough and flour in a bowl until combined well. Press into the bottom of the pan and go up the side of the pan about ¾ inch. Make sure it's completely covered with no holes.
- In a mixing bowl toss the apples with sugar, flour, and apple pie spice and then turn into the prepared crust and carefully spread out evenly. Drizzle ¾ cup caramel topping over the apple mixture. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for about 45 minutes.
- While the pie is baking, combine flour, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla and apple pie spice. Then cut in the butter mixture and mix until if forms a wet crumb mixture.
- Remove pie from oven and take off the foil. Sprinkle crumb mixture over the warm pie. Put bake in the oven and do not cover. Continue baking for another 15 to 20 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned.
- Allow the pie to cool and then remove springform pan sides. When ready to serve slice the pie and then drizzle with additional caramel topping.
Recipe adapted from The Disney Chick