10-Minute Vegan Raw Broccoli Tabouli
Following on the heel of this cauliflower rice recipe, I would love to this share this broccoli recipe that involves processing a whole head of broccoli including the stalk into tiny couscous like consistency. Broccoli is an amazing vegetable and quite versatile when you choose to get adventurous with. The tiny little buds on the floret have a seed/grain like texture that makes it ideal to form the base of a nourishing salad without actually using seed or grains. I have made a raw broccoli salad that often graces my buddha bowls or falafel plates but I have also added some quinoa for added texture. Why? Because I always have a box of cooked quinoa in the fridge that begs to be used every other day. You could skip adding the quinoa altogether or add another element instead. I love recipes like these where the stalk of the broccoli really shines. It probably is my most favourite part of the vegetable and I am constantly experimenting with new ways to cook or prep with it. The freshness of this salad is elevated with all the beautiful green herbs and pops of ruby red sweet pomegranate seeds. It travels well and is a definite keeper.
10-MINUTE VEGAN RAW BROCCOLI TABOULI
Prep time 5 mins
Cook time 5 mins
Total time 10 mins
The classic tabouli gets a raw makeover with a fresh head and stalk of broccoli processed into crumbs to form the bulk and base of this gorgeous super healthy salad. Some black quinoa and pomegranate seeds add texture and pockets of flavour hit.
Author: Sneh Roy Recipe type: Salad, Brunch Cuisine: Middle Eastern, Vegan, Gluten Free Serves: 6
- 300g raw broccoli (1 broccoli head stalk)
- 1 large bunch (100g) flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 large bunch (100g) fresh mint leaves, chopped
- ½ cup cooked black quinoa
- 2 large tomatoes, deseeded and diced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and diced
- juice of 2 small lemons
- handful of pepitas
- seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt black pepper to taste
- Process whole broccoli (head and stalk) to coarse crumbs in a food processor. Add herbs and process for a few seconds until chopped fine. Place in a large bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the broccoli.
- Mix well until thoroughly combined.