Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
I just love Bailey’s Irish Cream! There is nothing Irish about me (with the exception of my first name) but I love adding Bailey’s Irish Cream to my favorite desserts to make them extra special. If you have never tasted it before, Bailey’s website describes this wonderful liqueur as “a perfect marriage of fresh, premium quality Irish dairy cream, finest spirits, Irish whiskey and a proprietary recipe of chocolate flavors”. On Sundays, I usually make a dessert that my family can enjoy after dinner. We really appreciate good homemade brownies at my house and they are quick and easy to prepare even if you have a busy day ahead of you. Brownies are wonderful because you can add all sorts of things to them and you get a different flavor every time. I had an extra box of cream cheese left over from the White Chocolate & Almond Amaretto Cheesecake I made a last week, so I decided I would add that to the mix. Cream cheese swirled into chocolate? You can’t go wrong there! As I was contemplating what type of extracts to put into these brownies, I remembered that I had purchased a bottle of Bailey’s Irish Cream for the holidays and never opened it. I pulled it down from the shelf in my dining room and added a few splashes to my brownie batter.
These Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake Swirl Brownies are mixed together by hand
- For The Brownies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa
- 1/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- For The Cheesecake Layer:
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Bailey's Irish Cream liqueur
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. flour
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking dish and set aside.
- In a larger (I use a 3 qt.) saucepan, melt the butter on low heat until you hear a little sizzle sound, but it's not burning.
- Turn off the heat, remove from hot burner and add the semi sweet chocolate, and stir until melted.
- Add the cocoa and stir well.
- Add the eggs, one by one, beating into the batter by hand well after each addition.
- Add the Irish Cream and mix.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder and salt until you have a nice batter.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the cheesecake layer ingredients together.
- Evenly drop spoonfuls of the cheesecake filling on top of the brownies.
- Run a knife through the batters, creating a marbled, swirled effect.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the brownies look set and a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean or with moist crumbs, not raw batter.
- Let cool before slicing.
- Makes 24 to 32 brownies depending on how you slice them.
Some of the links in the post above are “affiliate links.” This means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I will receive an affiliate commission. I only recommend products or services that I personally use and believe will add value to my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
*Linking up at Call Me PMC
*Linking up at Uncommon Designs Online
*Linking up at So Much Better With Age
*Linking up at Plucky’s Second Thought
*Linking up at Pint Sized Baker
*Linking up at A Peek Into My Paradise
*Linking up at Inside Brew Crew Life
*Linking up at Chef In Training
*Linking up at The Dwelling Tree
*Linking up at Just A Girl and Her Blog
*Linking up at Savvy Southern Style
*Linking up at Ginger Snap Crafts
*Linking up at Place of My Taste
*Linking up at Buns In My Oven
*Linking up at Mom’s Test Kitchen
*Linking up at The NY Melrose Family
*Linking up at White Lights On Wednesday
*Linking up at This Silly Girl’s Life
*Linking up at Bloom Designs Online
*Linking up at Sweet Bella Roos
*Linking up at I Gotta Create!
*linking up at The Best Blog Recipes
*Linking up at The 36th Avenue
*Linking up at Shaken Together
*Linking up at Just Us Four
*Linking up at Living Better Together
*Linking up at Simply Gloria
*Linking up at Cooking With Curls
*Linking up at Six Sister’s Stuff
*Linking up at Cheerios and Lattes