DIY / TOILET PAPER HOLDERS
i am VERY excited about this one. one night natalie and i were hanging around her house eating thai food, as usual, and we concepted this idea to upgrade your toilet paper holders in a stylish way. these are something everybody has in their homes, and they are very rarely given second thought when it comes to design. but why not? it’s so simple and can make a bathroom look that much cooler!
so we decided to make a little project out of it. we thought of hotels that we loved and designed TP holders based on their aesthetic. because we’re weird like that. but i truly love how this came out! i need to change the holder in my bathroom immediately. now, let’s get to the project and how you can make your own…
THE ACE HOTEL in PALM SPRINGS
the ace hotel is mid-century desert modern
• half inch tube or pipe cut to six inches in length, you can use brass or copper pipe, we love clear acrylic tubes because you can slip any kind of colored paper or fabric inside like you see here. plexi tubes can be found online here.
• 24 inches of leather cord, rope, twine or ribbon, whichever suits your fancy
• make loops at either end of your cord that are large enough to fit around the drawer pull easily.
• drill a hole in your wall that is just slightly smaller than the hardware on the back of the drawer pull and twist the pull into the wall to create a knob.
BRI’S FUTURE HOTEL OF HER DREAMS
if my dreams come true one day and i can design a hotel, it would be scandinavian inspired with no shortage of color…
• feed the cord through the pipe and hang both loops on the knob.
THE BEACH HOTEL in TULUM
the beach was understated luxury in a relaxed natural environment
• to replace your TP simply pull one loop off the knob and feed the cord through the TP roll. it’s as easy as that!
THE VICEROY in LA
classic sophistication and contemporary chic
which style is your favorite? hopefully your mind is spinning with what materials you are going to use to make your own at home!