Africa Online Book Fair
The Africa Online Book Fair: Romance Authors & Books is a weekend event, featuring 13 authors and 1 interview with an aspiring romance author. Each day will have a certain amount of authors that will showcase their books and who they are.
The online book fair takes place on Facebook. Here's a link to the event page. https://www.facebook.com/events/372063406523550/
Readers, you can come and go as you please since you don’t have to pay a ticket to enter or register. So come and meet your next favorite author! We’ll have discounted and free books, play games, you can win Amazon Gift Cards. Get a little bit closer to authors you want to chat with in real time and generally see what Africa’s got to offer for your romance taste buds.
There will be a Scavenger Hunt that you can enter and stand a chance to win a prize. You’ll have to go to every author’s post (“booth”) at the event and hunt for the number each author has “hidden” in one of their posts. At the end of the weekend you need to add up the amount and inbox co-host Kathy Bosman with your answer and she’ll draw a winner.
We are also running a sign up for our Newsletters competition that will start running with the Africa Online Book Fair blog tour from 17 to 31 May. You could win a 20$ Amazon Gift Card.
Sign up for as many newsletter as you want, each one is an entry: https://goo.gl/forms/uwdyuFB76kb67rqh2
The Winner will be announced after the fair.
Attending the online book fair and how it works is straightforward, especially for readers who’ve attended Facebook book parties. But also for readers who use the social network site daily.
All you need to do is go to our Event and click 'Going'. It's that easy!
The online book fair is for romance authors who are from Africa and authors who write romances set in Africa.
And don't forget to invite your friends! Also join the group if you want updates on future book fairs from us.
Hope you have lots of fun and discover awesome reads.
Africa Online Book Fair Links:
Facebook Group Page:https://tinyurl.com/ka3ucvl
- Can you tell us a little about yourself?
- What do you enjoy about being an author?
- I love the act of creating worlds, characters, stories and wild plots – giving me an excuse to always be daydreaming. Then I’d have to say everything it has brought out in me. Then opportunities, the people, traveling - but mostly what it has given me in terms of confidence and aspirations. To be someone who doesn’t shy away from a challenge. For me being an author has made me stronger.
- What type of romance stories do you write? And why?
- Favorite place in Africa? (Provide a picture)
- Why do you think African romance authors and stories set on the continent are important? Not only does it provide diversity for our readers out there, it puts Africa on the map. And not to be bias or anything our continent is beautiful, exotic and exciting. Our country is deserving of all the praise it can get, especially with the unique problems facing our beloved SA. Writing about it would start awareness of our culture, and provide a better understanding with hopes that sharing our issues will lead to positive thinking and prayers (movement).
- Do you think romance stories set in Africa & Africans vital to the publishing industry? If yes/no, why do you say so? Yes or sure, it will perhaps do away with the stigmata that we have no reading culture, and endorse the idea that South Africans do indeed read, in turn leading to more buying/reading. The task of building a self-governing, liberated, literary culture in Africa requires interaction among all the cogs in the system that makes up African publishing as a whole. From writer, to reader to marketer and publisher we all have our role.
- What traditional food do you love, that one can only find in Africa? (Provide picture, if possible)
twitter Facebook Website