Hello, Gossamer Blue fans! Yana is here and I’m excited to share a Shaker Layout tutorial today. Usually I am not a big fan of shakers, but when I saw the page kits in May’s kits I was intrigued to turn them into large layout shakers.
To create a large shaker, you’ll need to do the following:
1. Add adhesive to the perimeter of the laser-cut heart. I used double sided tape and added lots around the perimeter and also a bit in the center.
2. Adhere a sheet of acetate. I didn’t have any sturdy acetate on hand so I just used the plastic packaging the kit came in. There’s some wording printed on one side, but the other side is clear, so it works perfectly.
3. Trim the plastic with your scissors.
4. Add foam adhesive around the of the laser-cut heart. I used foam adhesive from the kit and also lots of adhesive from my stash. I also added a lot to the center of the die cut to make it more durable and sturdy. Next I used my anti static embossing powder tool to eliminate the static and ensure the little sequins would move freely inside the shaker.
5. Add shaker elements – sequins. I used little confetti stars from Pretty Pink Posh in clear and gold.
6. Use another sheet of plastic to close the shaker window. Add more double sided adhesive to the perimeter and adhere the shaker element onto your layout.
The rest is simple – embellish your layout to your liking and enjoy!
Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have fun crafting!