Easy to Make Day of the Dead Skull Pumpkin Candle Holders
Materials for Day of the Dead Skull Pumpkins
- Pumpkins (to make these last you can use artificial craft pumpkins
- Cut the stem off each pumpkin.
- Center candle base on top of pumpkin and trace around it with the pencil.
- Carve out the circle remove the pumpkins seeds and pulp if you are using a real pumpkin.
- Spray paint the pumpkins white and let dry.
- Paint the sugar skull Day of the Dead inspired designs on the pumpkin with the Black Paint Marker.
- Insert the candle in the hole making sure that the candle extends 1.5″ to 2″ above pumpkin. Apply hot glue where candle and pumpkin meet to hold in place.
- Arrange the silk marigolds and flowers around the candle and glue in place using the Two Temperature Glue Gun’s
We placed these on a table along with the picture of my grandmother and grandfather both of whom my kids did not get to meet. This is a great way to remember them and to talk about them with my kids as well as an opportunity to explain to them about death in a positive light and teach them the importance of celebrating life.
Check out more ideas for Day of the Dead celebrations on my Pinterest board below.
Follow Growing Up Bilingual’s board Dia de los Muertos Day of the Dead on Growing Up Bilingual on Pinterest.
The post Easy to Make Day of the Dead Skull Pumpkin Candle Holders appeared first on Growing Up Bilingual.