Gluten Free Dessert in 50 seconds
So, I found out a little over a month ago that I had Celiac Disease (which means no bread/gluten). I haven't felt like it's been that hard, partly because my Dad has Celiac disease so I already have lots of meal ideas and I'm already pretty educated about what does and doesn't contain gluten.
Pre-cooking our meals for the week has been really helpful because most gluten free meals take more time to cook (like rice or potatoes). The only thing I've missed is a good cookie, brownie or slice of cake. Basically a baked good! I tried to find a gluten free mug recipe on pinterest, but I couldn't find anything good. So, I decided I'd experiment and try to create one. After a few trials I came up with something that I think is ridiculously delicious!
In addition to this being surprisingly tasty for a gluten free option, it's also pretty darn healthy! The whole mug cake is only 144 calories!! (29 grams from carbs, only 3 grams of fat and a whooping 7 grams of protein!)
- 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Bisquick
- 1 Rounded Tablespoon Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon Almond Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Truvia (not pictured) For less healthy option, you can use Sugar.
- Mix all ingredients in a mug.
- Microwave for 50 seconds (this will vary based on your microwave, but it's better to under cook! When it's overcooked it's quite dry)
That's it! Try it out and let me know what you think!