Chocolate Coffee Buttercream Frosting
This chocolate buttercream is amazing for one reason… it has COFFEE in it! Chocolate Coffee Buttercream is basically the best invention ever.
I love testing out Chocolate Frosting recipes. I mean, you really can’t go wrong with chocolate buttercream right? This one does not disappoint!
To make this design is used some new decorator’s tips from AliExpress. (No affiliate link and shipping took about 3 months!)Print Chocolate Coffee Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks or 226g) room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 pound bag (roughly 8 cups, can lessen to 6) confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee, or more to taste
- Beat butter and cream cheese together in a bowl with an electric hand mixer until creamy.
- Slowly add in confectioners' sugar, cocoa powder, coffee, and salt until smooth and spreadable.
This frosting is silky smooth and absolutely delicious!
I paired it with my favorite Chocolate Cake. I substituted the cocoa for Dark Cocoa. Rich dark chocolate cake paired with a slightly tangy Chocolate Buttercream is a winning combination!