Crack Slaw Recipe : 5 Minute Bacon Broccoli Crack Slaw
I feel silly to even call this concoction a recipe but since it’s been a lifesaver for me I thought I should share my Bacon Broccoli Crack Slaw recipe.
If you don’t know what crack slaw is, it is a kind of slang term for low carb dishes made with coleslaw mix. They are fast, easy and perhaps somewhat addicting, and so the name is fitting. I love using coleslaw mixes for the speed and convenience, and I have several go to low carb crack slaw recipes.
This particular recipe has been a savior when I have come home late from work and there is nothing to eat because I forgot to take something out of the freezer. If you are a working mom then you know what I’m talking about and you can relate to those last minute calls for pizza. Well that’s fine for the kids. Luckily there are 3 things you can always find in my fridge: Eggs, bacon and some kind of coleslaw mix. And while the kids are waiting for their pizza, I can be eating this dinner in minutes.
How to make 5 Minute Bacon Broccoli Crack Slaw
Tools you will need:
- frying pan (I use the non stick ceramic Green Earth Frying Pan
- 2-3 slices bacon
- 2 cups of broccoli slaw mix
- 1 tbsp kerrygold butter (optional but I love it!)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Cut bacon into small pieces (I use scissors)
- fry bacon until done to your liking
- Add butter and 2 cups broccoli slaw to the pan
- Stir fry until the broccoli sticks soften
- Add 1 tbsp soy sauce, stir fry another minute or so. The soy sauce will cause everything to brown up.
Put in a bowl and eat up! Fast, easy, delicious!
I hope you like this. I’ll come back to add the nutrition values some time this week!
The post Crack Slaw Recipe : 5 Minute Bacon Broccoli Crack Slaw appeared first on Ketogenic Woman.