The Reading Rush 2019
It’s one of my favorite times of year again! And this time, despite a precarious schedule and some potential work travel, I am very set on winning.
The Reading Rush (July 22-28) is the shiny new evolution of BookTubeAThon, the reading challenge I hold near and dear to my heart. BookTubeAThon, way back in 2014, was the catalyst that threw me headfirst into BookTube.
And that year was a dream.
After that, I’m pretty sure I failed year after year after year, but I had fun doing it. And truly, nothing will ever compare to that first year, when I read the entirety of The Selection by Kiera Cass in three days. What a time to be alive.
Anyway, there’s not much different for me this year, save for the massive rebrand the readathon hosts have undergone — that and my dogged determination to get back to my former seven-books-in-seven-days glory.
So here’s to the first year of The Reading Rush! Get yourself to the fancy new website where you can track your progress and earn shiny badges and whatnot. Exciting stuff, man. As a note, I’ll be hosting the Twitter sprints Thursday the 25th from 7-8pm. For those of you who’ve been around for previous BookTubeAThons, you know what that means…. *devious face*
Here’s my TBR and the challenges (two audiobooks not pictured)! May your days be filled with wonderful words and comfortable reading spots.
- In The Hand of the Goddess by Tamora Pierce (purple on the cover)
- The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling (Book to Movie Adaptation)
- Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce (meant to read last year)
- My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life by Rachel Cohn (over 5 words in title)
- The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab (an author’s first book)
- The Light Jar by Lisa Thompson (Same Spot the Whole Time)
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (Non-Human Main Character)
Are you doing The Reading Rush? What are you reading?