Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
It’s that time of year when I start using my crock pot on almost a daily basis. It’s getting hotter outside every day so the last thing I want to do is heat up my house with the oven on. I honestly have four crock pots because I use them so much. haha! They are my dinner best friends, for sure.
Today’s recipe is truly the BEST recipe for CROCK POT BBQ CHICKEN! I found it off my good friend Corey’s blog FAMILY FRESH MEALS! Her blog is full of awesome family-friendly and kid-friendly meals. I have followed her for a long time and you should too if you haven’t yet. When I read through her recipe for this chicken I knew it would be a winner. And of course, it was!
I actually already have a recipe for BBQ CHICKEN on my blog that’s made in the crock pot. It is delicious but I think this one beats it hands down. I loved the addition of Worcestershire sauce and Italian dressing. It kicked my recipe up to all kinds of delicious levels. I really love how easy both recipes are. Just throw it in the crock pot on your lunch hour and just a few hours later you will have some tender, yummy barbecue chicken that you can add to anything! Pizzas, sandwiches, salads. You name it! I went the sandwich route this time. We slathered on lots of this amazing chicken on hamburger buns, then topped it off with slices of pineapple, red onion and cilantro. Talk about heaven!Save Print Crock Pot BBQ Chicken
Prep time: 5 mins Cook time: 4 hours Total time: 4 hours 5 mins
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1¼ cups barbecue sauce (We love Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce)
- ¼ cup Zesty Italian dressing
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- Spray the inside of a large crock pot with cooking spray. ( I use a 7 quart) Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper then lay in bottom of crock pot.
- In a medium bowl, mix together barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce and garlic. Pour mixture evenly over chicken. Cover crock pot with lid and cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours, or on LOW for 5 hours.
- Serve chicken either whole, or shred with two forks. Serve on hamburger buns, pizzas, salads or whatever your heart desires. Enjoy!
RECIPE ADAPTED FROM: FAMILY FRESH MEALS
The post Crock Pot BBQ Chicken appeared first on Life In The Lofthouse.