DIY Valentine’s Day Gift- A Man Bouquet
I’m one of those girlfriends who likes making special gifts instead of just buying something at the store. I like to think I’m pretty creative, and I see birthdays and holidays as an opportunity to make fun gifts for the special people in my life. Last year, I found a fun idea on Pinterest and changed it up a bit to fit my boyfriend perfectly.
On Valentine’s Day, women typically get bouquets of flowers, but you never see men receiving them. The idea of a man bouquet, or a “brouquet”, is just genius. Instead of flowers, you can use things your boyfriend or husband likes. Some items I used were gift cards to his favorite stores, mini bottles of his favorite liquor, candy bars and more.
Here’s what you’ll need to make your own man bouquet.
- a cheap flower pot
- Styrofoam or floral foam
- fake craft grass (I used green streamers instead)
- thin wooden dowels (found at Home Depot or Lowes)
- heavy-duty clear tape
- miscellaneous items, such as gift cards, small liquor bottles & candy
- Arrange the Styrofoam or floral foam in the base of the flower pot. You will be sticking the dowels into this to keep them anchored.
- Tape one item to each dowel. You can cut the dowels down to varying sizes so it appears more like a real bouquet.
- Insert the dowels into the foam base.
- Decorate with artificial craft grass or something green to cover up the foam.