Urban Legends Investigated: The 1962 Halloween Massacre
The man in the black mask, featured on the picture, presumably locked all the doors from the outside and then tried to kill all the people in the party. He ended up killing 7 people using a kitchen knife.
He was never found, but the mask he wore was found a few years later, in 1969, and is currently in FBI custody.
And why did he only kill 7 people? Since he was never caught, there would not be anyone around to subdue him, right?
Plus, how would the FBI be able to confirm 7 years after the date that the black mask – which seems to be a rather ordinary mask – was the one worn by this perpetrator, if the perpetrator himself was never caught?
The story is a hoax, but it does go to show how creepy Halloween costumes were back in the sixties.
Urban Legends Investigated
Previously in this series:
- Urban Legends Investigated: The Noise Coming From Inside Children
- Urban Legends Investigated: The Expressionless
- Urban Legends Investigated: Dear David – Part 1 / The Story
- Urban Legends Investigated: Dear David – Part 2 / Is Dear David Real?
- Urban Legends Investigated: Slender Man
- Urban Legends Investigated: The Bleeding House
- Urban Legends Investigated: Peter Bergmann
- Urban Legends Investigated: Missing in the Odessa Catacombs
If you liked this post, you might enjoy my book, Ghost Slayer
But in Mortimer Hall, a behemoth of a house, Kaelyn is about to face the most powerful and life-threatening ghost she ever met, and what she doesn’t know is that the ghost has been waiting just for her.
Release Date: June 6, 2018