A Recipe for Healthier Coconut Brownies
These coconut brownies are to die for–yes, I said to. die. for. They’re moist, full of chocolate and coconut, and rich enough that one brownie is a satisfying serving.
They also have no flour and no sugar. The flour and sugar have been replaced with black beans, gluten free oats, and Sweetleaf stevia. Sweetleaf is the brand we prefer in our NorCal Margaritas and what I use in my iced tea. They have 21 different flavors and my most recent love is coconut!
My friend Be has a great recipe on her site for black bean brownies, and I decided to try them with coconut. They turned out so yummy! Here is Be’s original recipe with my additions.
1 15 ounce can of black beans (rinsed and drained)
2 T cocoa powder
1/2 C oats
1/4 t salt
1/2 C honey
1 t Sweetleaf Coconut flavored Stevia
1 C unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 C coconut oil
1 T vanilla
1 t almond abstract
1/2 t baking powder
1 bag dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Blend beans in a food processor until very smooth. I used my Vitamix and blended them as much as I could on high, then put them in a bowl and used a fork to mash the rest.
3. Add the rest of your ingredients (except for the chocolate chips) in the bowl
4. Blend until smooth
5. Stir in chocolate chips
6. Pour batter into a greased 8×8 pan and sprinkle coconut on top if you’d like
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean (except for the melted chocolate chips)
8. Cool, then refrigerate.
My friend Be prefers these brownies cold, but I prefer them warm. I can’t wait to hear what you think!
Cutting your brownies into 20 servings, each serving contains:
Did you see that? 14% of your daily fiber in this yummy treat!
This post is sponsored by SweetLeaf Natural Stevia Sweetener. SweetLeaf is a 0 calorie, 0 carb, 0 glycemic response sweetener with no artificial ingredients. It’s the only stevia sweetener I trust for my family. Find more recipes on the SweetLeaf website.
The post A Recipe for Healthier Coconut Brownies appeared first on My Crazy Good Life.