6 beautifully simple Scandinavian DIY Christmas decorations
It seems every house I visit is a hive of Christmas DIY activity right now. Kitchen tables have been transformed into makeshift workstations and laden with glue, wire, scissors and various other tools. Branches of foliage, acorn cups and cinnamon sticks lie in various states of transformation, with wonderful creations rising from the creative debris. This is why it's my favourite time of the year. Everyone gets creative! In case you're in need to a little inspiration to get you started, I've rounded up 6 of my favourite beautifully simple DIY Scandinavian- style Christmas decorations doing the rounds this year.
Ooooooooh so lovely, don't you think?
1. Marij Hessel talks us through fab DIY baubles.
2. Norwegian blogger Nina Holst's pretty mini wreath place setting (no instructions, but I am guessing twisting into a circle and wiring together?).
3. See the DIY instructions for A Merry Thought's wonderful minimal half wreath.
4. Light up your wreath like Francois et Moi's DIY candle wreath.
5. Or go traditional like Babes in Boyland's rosemary wreath (step by step guide here).
6. And finally, who said putting up lights isn't creative?! How about shunning the usual Christmas ones for simple string bulb lighting like at Zeta's Julmarknad and arrange your way?!
After a few more ideas? You might also like to check out 3 beautifully simple DIY Christmas decorations. And my Christmas archive (scroll past the first post if it's this one) - full of Scandinavian homes in the festive spirit (including my own!).
What will you be making this Christmas?
Have a wonderfully creative weekend!
PS Don't forget to enter the give-away to win an Abbott & Mosley watch! It only takes a minute!