DIY Bat Lanterns
You will need:
Black paper lanterns (mine were 8")
Some string to hang them by
A glue gun
A glue stick
Various Coloured Paper
2. Ta da!
3. Make a template for your wing that covers an A5 side and trace onto black card. Cut out 2 per bat.
4. The minimum your bat needs are two black ears, two black wings and some eyes. I used yellow paper and then a sharpie to draw in pupils. You can go a lot more out there though. I decided to line my ears with matching yellow paper, add a crazy mouth and add a little glint to the eyes using a white hole punched piece of paper. Nifty, hey?
5. Bend the end of your wing up a little to attach to the lantern. Apply hot glue along this edge.
6. Glue to the lantern and hold for about 20 seconds until completely dry. Glue on the other wing.
7. Do the same with the ears.
8. To glue on the features just add a big glob of glue gun glue onto them and press.
Weird Halloween bats have never been so cute.