Planter Banter. 9 Reasons Why Living with Plants is Kind of the Best.
You may already know this about me, but just in case you can’t tell…I’m a huge flower fiend. As in fresh flowers in the house as much as possible. But if I’m being real, plants are about a thousand times more practical because they are inexpensive and last WAY longer than fresh cut flowers. Plus, there are tons of benefits to having them in your home.
So, I thought I would focus this week’s Interior Obsessions post on the reasons why living with plants is kind of the best. And I’d love for to chime in with your reasons too!
Here we go…
1. Plants are a perfect stand-in to a sculpture, especially if it’s a tree with great leaves. Like this fiddle fig, above. (via J Chong Studio)
2. They’re not only fun, but also functional. Especially if you have a wall of hanging herbs by the dining room table, for garnishing meals. (via SF Girl by Bay)
3. Plants make great decor pieces. Like that lone plant by the window. (via My Scandinavian Home)
4. Hanging vines soften hard lines. That rhythms! (via Practising Simplicity)
5. Plants can give off a spa vibe, when used in smaller spaces like bathrooms. (via The Design Files)
7. Plants purify the air. Which is probably the coolest reason of all. (via Smitten Studio)
8. They can make a statement, like this hanging plant. (via The Design Files)
9. Plants make a house feel like a home. Like this space. (via The Design Files)
What are your reasons for keeping plants in your home? I’d love to hear your thoughts.