Studio to Street Style: Black & White Athletic Look
Since I rock the oh-so-comfortable athleisure trend every day thanks to this wonderful career I have, I thought it’d be fun to start sharing the occasional fitness style post on the blog with some ideas for transitioning workout clothing into an outfit you can wear running errands, shopping, grabbing a coffee with friends—all that good everyday stuff.
When in doubt, black leggings are the easiest to transition from fitness class to streetwear, so let’s start there today.
In the Studio
Doesn’t get any easier than black and white! Tie a white tunic tank into a knot for a flattering and functional look, and pick a pair of black leggings with a fun detail, like the sheer paneling on these Michi tights.
In the Street
Untie your knotted tank to its full length and add a button-up tied around your waist to incorporate some pattern (plaid is my favorite!). Add an accessory or two, like a watch, but don’t overdo it with jewelry—too much bling with workout clothing just looks weird. If you’re a little sweaty post-class, use a hat to cover your hair. Throw on some sneaker wedges to add a little edge; add a pop of color with some reflective sunglasses or another accessory; grab your bag, and you’re good to go!
- Leggings | Michi – old but similar by same brand HERE and HERE
- Tank | Under Armour – old but similar HERE and HERE
- Plaid button up | Target – old but similar HERE and HERE
- Sneakers | Nike
- Watch | c/o Daniel Wellington readers get 15% off with code PUMPSANDIRON (!!!)
- Backpack | LF Stores – old but similar HERE affordable and HERE expensive
- Hat | Zara – old but similar HERE and HERE
- Sunglasses | TOMS – old but similar HERE
- Sports bra | Nike
Leggings ARE pants these days–now that’s something to celebrate!
SHOP A SIMILAR LOOK