Dutch Oven Ham and Cheese Potatoes
I have to admit I’m not a huge camper, but my family absolutely loves it! My favorite part about camping is probably the Dutch Oven Challenge that my family has every year. A winning recipe? These dutch oven ham and cheese potatoes that are a cinch to make!
Prep time 20 mins
Cook time 2 hours
Total time 2 hours 20 mins
Author: U Create Recipe type: Dutch Oven Cuisine: Camping
- 8-10 medium potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 onion
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1 pound of grated cheese ( I use mild cheddar)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- salt and pepper
- Layer onions, potatoes, and ham in dutch oven.
- Add soup and salt/pepper to taste.
- Cover for about 2 hours. Check on it and stir occasionally so it will cook evenly.
- When potatoes look done add a layer of cheese on top.
- When cheese is completely melted it's ready to serve!
It will be a crowd-pleaser at your next camping or dutch oven event! It’s usually one of the first recipes to be gobbled right up!