Vegan Garlic Aioli Recipe
Oh my gosh is all I can say about this recipe. I expect that you will look at the ingredients and doubt that they will make a delicious aioli... but oh my, yes they do! You will not believe it until you try it! It is absolutely amazing... it tastes EXACTLY like the garlic aioli I loved to dip my chips into before I went vegan. So, the other day I set myself the challenge of creating a vegan version that genuinely tastes like aioli. I guarantee that you will love this! Since creating this recipe, Jerome and I have had it twice on veggie burgers and it was amazing. It is also delicious served with chips as a dipping sauce. Yum yum yum! Anyway, hope you all enjoy this as much as we do :)
makes 125g of aioli
1/2 cup slivered almonds*
1/2 to 1 garlic clove 1 tablespoon dijon mustard salt and pepper 2 tablespoons lemon juice 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/4 cup 2 tablespoons water
- Add all ingredients except for the water to a blender or food processor and process for 30 seconds to 1 minute until smooth-ish.
- Gradually add the water until the desired creaminess and smooth consistency is achieved.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until needed. Enjoy!
- *Slivered almonds are available at your local supermarket. They are basically just thinly sliced almonds without the skin. Make sure you use slivered almonds and not normal almonds. Feel free to soak your slivered almonds overnight or for a couple of hours before making this recipe to soften the nuts before blending. This will make the aioli more smooth and less grainy.
- The aioli becomes more garlicky over time so choose your garlic amount wisely hehe.