Holiday Gift Guide 2014: 18+ months
The Wise Baby
The Wise Baby - The Definitive Baby Blog
We are wrapping up our annual Holiday Gift Guide week with lots of really fab ideas for those feisty, fun loving toddlers in your life. All of these gifts are perfect for 18 month olds and many our on Miss Eloise’s Christmas list. We’d love any other ideas of what is on your not so little one’s list! Don’t miss all of our great Holiday Gift Guides from this year: mama’s, newborn – 6 months, 6 – 12 months and 12 – 18 months!
1. Hunter boots (boy / girl): Typically at this age kids wild growth tends to slow slightly, which to me, justifies buying some adorable Hunter rain boots. Get the wellie socks to make them warm snow boots too. Eloise absolutely loves wearing these around and not just on rainy days.
2. Play Castles (Mike the Knight
): I have longed to get Eloise a beautiful wooden doll house but with busy bee little sis who likes to put everything in her mouth and our limited space it just hasn’t been in the cards. These Little People castles are the next best thing and so fun. Both the boys and girls options have interactive parts like the princesses singing and talking to you!
3. Cookware Set
: Did your little one get a kitchen last year? Or are they getting one this year? Add this cookware set to optimize the enjoyment!
4. Micro Mini Kick Scooter
: You are sure to be a hero of the holidays with a scooter! Eloise has been asking for one of these for months and I can’t wait for her to see it under the tree. Of course a mandatory Helmet
will be accompanying it. For more info on choosing the right helmet for you little one and some of our reviews, see this post.
5. SmartGames Bunny Peek a Boo
: This award winning and fun memory game gets rave reviews and is a great mix of fun educational! It comes with several different levels of memory game cards allowing it to grow with your little one.
6. Stepstool: These steps tools are great for this age. Between toothbrushing, hand washing and baking cookies these stools come in very handy. I love the two steps on this one making it a safe step up. And you can’t be a personalized step stool, right?
7. Hats & mittens (boy: hat / mittens, girl: bear hat / mittens): I love these cute and cozy sherpa hats from GapKids. A functional but also fun gift. Eloise would love the little bear ears on the girl hat!
8. Tepee: How fun does this look? Kids love having their own little spaces and a tepee is a great place for imaginary play or to cozy up with a good book. Tepee’s like this one from Land of Nod are great because they fold up surprisingly easily i.e., you just pick up the top of the sticks and it folds up!
9. Green Toys Tool Set
(shown in pink but also comes in Blue
): Eloise LOVES this. 18 months is really the first time she could make controlled “hammering” motions and can listen and comprehend we don’t hammer other people, doors, tables, etc. I love everything Green Toys but this has to be my favorite thing.
10. Step2 Easel
: There are more beautiful easels out there but this one is loads of fun. One of my favorite features is the magnetic board. The other side is a chalk board and each side has clips and containers for paint cups – giving your budding artist loads of freedom on what they can create!
Holiday Gift Guide 2014: 18 months