After some time, it is only natural that tile and grout in your home will start to lose its shine and become weary. There are different types of flooring that are made of different qualities; however, tile is often used in many homes since it is durable and has a lot of great design possibilities. While the density of tile is hardy and withstands much more force and abuse compared to other floorings, there is still a need to take certain precautions to ensure its condition. In this case, many homeowners opt for professional services for tile and grout cleaning in Los Angeles, CA
When it comes to tile and grout, it is necessary to have regular cleaning and maintenance. When doing so, you may notice a few common issues that could be a sign of larger issues. Failing to catch them early on could lead to expensive repairs in the future. In order to know when you should get professional tile and grout cleaning in Los Angeles, CA, below are a few signs that you can take note of:
• Stained or Discolored Grout: This is the number one indicator that you need professional cleaning. When the porous materials start to absorb discoloring substance, it can be impossible to get it back to its original state. You can try mopping and scrubbing, although you might not see a big change. When this happens, it is a common mistake for homeowners to assume that they automatically need grout replacement. This is not always the case and can be avoided with a good deep cleaning. A professional will have access to high-end equipment and specialized cleaning solutions that you cannot get with home cleaning.
• Tiles and Grout Have Lost its Shine and Appear Dull: A more obvious sign which can easily be seen is when your once fresh and brand new flooring starts to look dull over time. When you notice that they look old and in bad shape, then you know it is time for a good cleaning.
• Stubborn and Recurring Molds in Grout Joints: Grout from the bathroom floor and your shower is susceptible to staining. Because of the warm and moist environment, it is not uncommon for bacteria, mildew, and molds to form. Mold can appear as black splotches along the grout lines. When this grows in your grout, it can often cause cracks and excess wear and tear on your sealants. This can open the possibility for moisture to get under the grout and lead to an array of serious problems.
The build-up of minerals from the water, soap scum, and dirt from your body can also stain your grout which is not very pretty and also unsanitary. Aside from being unsightly, it can cause health problems such as stuffiness, sore throat, cough, and eye irritation. When your tiles look filthy no matter how often you clean it, it is a clear sign that you need professional help to prevent further damage.
• Grout Has Not Been Sealed: Unfortunately, there are professional tile installers who fail to come back and seal your grout once it dries. Sealing grout is a very important step as it prevents absorption of undesirable materials which can cause staining. Properly sealed grout can last longer, it is easier to maintain, and it ensures the insulation of the grout from external liquid materials. It is recommended to have sealing once a year.
• It’s Been a while since Your Last Cleaning: Even if you cannot tell if your grout is the same color as the day you had it installed, you still have to face the fact that you have been walking or showering on your tiles for more than a year without a good cleaning, and it is most likely covered in germs. Just like any other task at home, regular cleaning can be crucial to keep the stains and germs away. If it is that time of year, call up a professional to get this chore done.
Your home is one of your biggest investments in life, which is why it is necessary to maintain it as much as possible. Do not waste your time on methods that do not get your hard surfaces clean. Professional tile and grout cleaning in Los Angeles, CA is generally inexpensive, especially when you weigh its advantages and noticeable results.