Australian Shepherd, also known as ‘Aussie’ are high-energy breeds originated from the United States and are considered the 17th most popular breed in the US. They have a weather-resistant double coat and weight from about 40 to 60 pounds and known as the smartest of all the breeds.
Aussies are smart, active, enthusiastic, easy-going dogs. They tend to get along with children and other pets. They are very protective, obedient, companions and loyal to their families.
Australian Shepherd are intelligent, hard-working dogs and easy to train & needs plenty of exercise, as they have got lots of energy. They can howl for long periods and can be destructive if left alone. Aussies need weekly brushing.
Australian Shepherd Colors – Australian Shepherd comes in seven colors including Merle, Red tricolor, Red, Black, Black tricolor, Red Merle, and Blue Merle.
8 Lesser Known Facts About Australian Shepherd: -
1. Australian Shepherds are not Australian, instead they are from the United States. They came from Spain (Basque region). So, Basque Shepherds took their dogs first to Australia and then to the United States. That’s why they are known as Australian Shepherds.
2. Aussies gained their popularity from Rodeos. Not only Australian Shepherds can help herd the bulls, but also, they can perform tricks.
3. As we know, Australian Shepherd is known as ‘Aussie’ but they have many more other names by which they are known as. They are also called by the names, Spanish Shepherds, Bob-Tails, California Shepherds, Pastor Dogs, Mexican Shepherds, and Blue Heelers.
4. Australian Shepherds are also known as “Ghost Eye”, and people sometimes consider them scared, especially native Americans. These dogs do not always have blue eyes but also ghostly eyes i.e. pale blue, are also common among this breed.
5. Aussies naturally have short tails. They have a chance of being born with a naturally bobbed tail.
6. Australian Shepherd has many jobs and specialties. Just like herding dogs, they can also serve as Seeing Eye dogs, rescue and search dogs, drug-sniffing dogs, and therapy dogs. We can say that Australian Shepherds are highly intelligent dogs.
7. Australian Shepherds have blue eyes but it can also be mismatched sometimes and can be green, hazel or brown, amber, or sometimes two different colors. That makes them more beautiful and attractive.
8. And last but not the least, Australian Shepherds are one of the popular breeds in the United Statues and it comes on number 18. Ahead of many more popular dog breeds like Pomeranians, Chihuahuas, and Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.
If you own or love an Aussie or Australian Shepherd, the most popular Australian Shepherd gift-related search terms on Google are:
• australian shepherd stuffed animal / australian shepherd stuffed animals / aussie stuffed animal
• australian shepherd gifts / aussie gifts
• australian shepherd shirt australian shepherd tshirt / australian shepherd t shirt
• australian shepherd ornament / australian shepherd ornaments / australian shepherd christmas ornament / australian shepherd ornament christmas
• australian shepherd gifts collectables
• australian shepherd statues / australian shepherd statue / australian shepherd garden statue
• australian shepherd stuff / australian shepherd stuffed toy
• australian shepherd accessories
• gifts for australian shepherd lovers
• australian shepherd decor
• australian shepherd merchandise / australian shepherd gifts merchandise
• australian cattle dog gifts / australian cattle dog gifts products