Crispy Sriracha Lime Chickpeas
I asked you guys on Facebook which snack recipe you would prefer to see first, the sweet one or the savoury. You said savoury, so I posted sweet (okay fine I posted the savoury one a day later, don’t hate me!). You see, I play by my own set of rules. I try to post recipes on Sundays, Tuesday and Thursdays, and here I am posting on a Wednesday. What can I say, I love living on the wild side!
I consider myself resourceful rather than troublesome. Although as I’ve gotten older, my risks are far more calculated and researched and the fear of getting arrested becomes that much more terrifying. I mean I’ve made it 24 years, I’d rather not ruin that streak.
I’m also realizing that I have a long way to go. For example, touching your eyes after touching Sriracha is always a bad idea. Sriracha lime chickpeas however, is not. So break some rules and eat some chickpeas, just don’t get caught…Print Crispy Sriracha Lime Chickpeas
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Serving Size: 2
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed well and drained
- 1 T sriracha
- 1 tsp olive oil
- juice from 1 lime
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Dry chickpeas REALLY WELL and remove outer skins. Rolling them between two paper towels easily removes skins.
- In a large bowl combine sriracha, olive oil and lime juice.
- Add chickpeas to bowl and coat well.
- Spread evenly on a parchment or silicone-lined baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check at 20 and if they're beginning to burn remove from oven.
- Let cool completely on tray.
- Store in an airtight container (may not stay crispy after a few days).
Perfect for snacking but I also love to throw them on salads as croutons!Schema/Recipe SEO Data Markup by ZipList Recipe Plugin 2.2 http://www.thehealthymaven.com/2014/05/crispy-sriracha-lime-chickpeas.html