6 Beauty Essentials For Girls on the Go
DETAILS: ARMY GREEN BUTTON UP (ON SALE – WEARING SIZE XS) || DISTRESSED DENIM (SIMILAR HERE) || FRINGE SUEDE HEELS (ON SALE – UNDER A $100) || HAIR SERUM || GOLD CHAIN WATCH || SUNGLASSES || NECKLACE (UNDER $30)
Whether you’re a busy working lady or a mom chasing three kids around, we can all relate to being a busy girl on the go. Probably one of my worst habits is being late! I’m usually always running 10 minutes behind. It’s gotten worse since I’ve had kids, but I’m definitely working on it! I’ve picked up a few tricks and essentials for those busy days on the go.
*Ditch the daily shampoo. I do not wash my hair every day and every hair dresser will tell you the same – don’t do it! This will save you a lot of time in the morning if you skip your daily wash. Your hair needs the natural oils that make your hair soft and give it shine. I usually wash my hair twice (three times max) a week.
- Hair Ties and Bobbi Pins. I can’t survive with out them! I usually throw my hair in a messy bun or braid mid-day when it starts to get in my way.
- Hair Oil: I love this Nexxus New York Salon Care Oil Infinite infused with Babassu and Marula Oil, especially when I am in humidity or my hair is feeling dry! Some of you saw me raving about this on snapchat the other day. It’s my favorite quick fix for my crazy hair, whether I’m taming the waves and reducing the frizz to wear my hair down or embracing the messy look with a sloppy bun. This just smooths those loose fly-aways and adds moisture to your hair without feeling greasy. I use this stuff daily. I love it because you can use it on damp or dry hair. Tip: For dry hair use conservatively. A little goes a long way. For wet hair I use about 2-3 pumps prior to blow-drying my hair.
- Blush or Bronzer. Aside from lipstick and concealer, these are really the only makeup pieces I keep with me all the time. Whether you just got out of the pool or are feeling a little rundown, a touch of bronzer/blush on the cheeks gives some color to your face for that fresh sun-kissed look.
- Brighten up. My friend introduced me to this concealer a few months ago and I swear by it. It’s a little pricey but amazing and totally worth it.
- Sunglasses. Honestly I rarely do my eye makeup. I just don’t have time for it! Sunglasses are a girls best friend for those mornings you are still waking up or hiding those dark circles.
What are your favorite on-the-go products?