Crock Pot Taco Soup
Okay, now back to the soup. This is probably one of the easiest soup recipes you’ll ever make AND it’s delicious. So it’s a win win! This is one that you can throw everything in the crock pot before work and just keep it on the warm setting all day. Once you get home just quickly brown up the ground beef and dinner is done. *high five* We love to top ours with lots of cheese, tortilla strips and sour cream. Talk about the best little dinner ever!
Write a review
Save Recipe Print
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn, drained
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 1 (1 oz.) packet taco seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch 2 Tablespoons water
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- Add all beans, tomatoes, corn, enchilada sauce, chicken broth and taco seasoning to a large crock pot. Stir to combine. Cover with lid and cook on low heat 3 to 6 hours. (Mine was hot and ready after 3 hours. If you're leaving this in while at work keep it on the warm setting for 8 hours.)
- Mix together the cornstarch and water to create a slurry. Add to the soup in crock pot and stir. This will help thicken the soup.
- Brown and crumble the ground beef in a large skillet until thoroughly cooked. Drain grease. Add beef to crock pot and stir to combine.
- Serve soup warm with shredded cheese, tortilla strips, sour cream, etc. Enjoy!
- Serves: 6 to 8.
- *( I used 1 full pound of lean ground beef because we love ours meaty!)
By Holly Adapted from High Heels and Grills Adapted from High Heels and Grills Life In The Lofthouse http://life-in-the-lofthouse.com/