Hershey’s Nuggets Book Favors
Time for Some Sweet Reading!
Hope you are in the mood for some sweet reading from my little books. I made some little Bibles and some other books with cardstock and Hershey’s Nuggets. The great thing about this is you get to name your book. I used some gel pens to label and decorate mine. I liked them in the darker colors the best but wanted to do a few Spring ones so I used the brighter colors on some of them.
Okay, this is one of those really simple things to make and the great thing is you can use up those scraps of cardstock as it doesn’t take much for these.
- Paper Cutter with score grooves
- Bone Folder (or something to score lines)
- Gel Pens
- Adhesive (I used a tape runner)
- Corner Punch - Optional (I used the small Stampin’ Up! one)
- Hershey’s Nuggets. I used the ones with almonds because I wanted gold edged books but you could also use the regular Hershey’s Nuggets in the silver packaging.
- Cut your cardstock to 2 and 3/4 inch x 1 and 1/2 inch.
- With long side running horizontally, score from each side edge in at 1 and 1/8 inch. Score one, flip around, and score in from the other edge. Press out score lines.
- Use a Corner Rounder Punch if desired. I made some samples with and without the corners rounded so you could see both. (see photo)
- Decorate your book cover. I used gel pens for mine. The gold and silver worked really well on the dark colors.
- Add adhesive in the middle of each inside book cover. I just used a tape runner and it really doesn’t take much to hold these.
- Adhere the Hershey’s Nugget along the score line along the back inside cover. Place it so the edges around the top, bottom, and side are even. Press into place.
- Fold and close the front book cover. The Hershey’s Nuggets are a little rounded but I made the spine of my books straight and didn’t’ adhere it along the Nugget slant so there’s a tiny gap in there but I liked the straight look of the spine better that way.
I told my daughter she should make some of these and take them the next time her book club has an event. I wish I could have taken better pictures of the green book spines. I made little gold designs along those spines and they were so fun looking. For me it was kind of hard writing on these because my handwriting is usually pretty big. It’s really hard for me to write so small. When I decide to do a bunch of these, I’m going to have to find someone else to do the writing on the covers. If you found a mini stamp you liked, you could emboss the cover. That might be really pretty.
- A Sincere Milk Desire Devotional
- Got Milk of the Word? Women’s Theme
- Got Milk of the Word? Printable Theme Set
- Candy Crafts
I am not compensated in any way from the Hershey’s Company.
Have a creative day,