Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe with Lemon and Garlic
This easy Greek-style baked cod recipe has quickly become a regular on my dinner rotation! A handful of Mediterranean spices plus a mixture of lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic, give it glorious flavor. See suggestions for what to serve along!
Following the Mediterranean diet, fish is kinda essential for my family. It’s about the one food that shows up on the menu twice every week.
Sometimes, our fish dinners go far–as far as a fish stew from Sicily or an Egyptian-inspired fish Shakshuka cooked in a tasty tomato sauce. But more often than not, I opt for something simple like pan-seared salmon or today’s baked cod recipe with lemon and garlic.
Cod fillet is a beautiful thing. It’s easy to cook, and because it’s a mild-tasting fish, the ways to give it glorious flavor are endless.
This baked cod recipe takes on a bit of a Greek twist. The cod is lightly coated with a spiced flour mixture with coriander, paprika, and cumin, then baked with lemon juice, Greek olive oil, and lots of minced garlic.
It takes less than 15 minutes in the oven!
What to serve with this baked cod recipe?
It feels like I’m always recommending this Lebanese rice with vermicelli, but it makes the perfect bed for this lemony baked cod. Keep the Greek theme going by adding a side of traditional Greek salad. Or, for a heartier salad option, try this Mediterranean chickpea salad with eggplant.
Mediterranean Baked Cod Recipe with Lemon and Garlic
- Author: The Mediterranean Dish
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 12 mins
- Total Time: 22 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Cuisine: Greek
- 1.5 lb Cod fillet pieces (4-6 pieces)
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
Lemon Juice Mixture
- 5 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 5 tbsp Private Reserve extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 3/4 tsp sweet Spanish paprika
- 3/4 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix lemon juice, olive oil, and melted butter in a shallow bowl. Set aside
- In another shallow bowl, mix all-purpose flour, spices, salt and pepper. Set next to the lemon juice mixture.
- Pat fish fillet dry. Dip fish in the lemon juice mixture then dip in the flour mixture. Shake off excess flour. Place in large cast iron skillet or baking dish.
- To the remaining lemon juice mixture, add the minced garlic and mix. Drizzle all over the fish fillets.
- Bake in the heated oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until just begins to flake easily with a fork. Remove from heat and sprinkle chopped parsley.
- Serving suggestions: Serve immediately with Lebanese rice and this Mediterranean chickpea salad or this traditional Greek salad.
- Recommended for this Recipe: Our Private Reserve Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil (from organically grown and processed Koroneiki olives). SAVE! Try our Greek Olive Oil Bundle!
- And from our organic and all-natural spice collections: Coriander; Spanish Paprika; Cumin. SAVE! Try our Ultimate Mediterranean Spice Bundle, or create your own 6-pack or 3-pack or our organic or all-natural spice collections!
3631.6 g24.2 g0 g16.1 g23.1 g
More Recipes to Try
The post Greek-Style Baked Cod Recipe with Lemon and Garlic appeared first on The Mediterranean Dish.