My Scandinavian Home - Best of 2016
Well friends, this has been one crazy year. I can't tell you how much I've enjoyed blogging in 2016 - it's been a little oasis of calm each day (I hope you've felt the same). I've absolutely loved reading all your thoughts and ideas on here, Facebook and Instagram (if I've missed your page please leave your link in the comment section below, I'd love to check it out!). It's been a wonderful year of home tours, styling updates and give-aways. Here's a round-up of the...
Top ten My Scandinavian Home blog posts of 2016:
1. Serene, small space living in Gothenburg. Photo Alan Cordic, styling Emma Fischer for Bjurfors.
I've also developed a slight Instagram obsession (haven't we all?!) and am so happy to have amassed over 50,000 friends! It's a perfect place to share little snippets of Scandinavian life - including rustic cabins and wonderful corners of Norway, Finland, Sweden and Denmark. Looking at the top five most popular instagram posts of the year it seems you share this passion too...yay! Here's a round-up of my...
Top 5 Instagram posts of 2016
1. A canoe trip in Finland - Photography - Henrik Koskelo / @hentus (featuring Konsta Punkka)
3. A snapshot of Nyhavn, Copenhagen I captured on a visit to Denmark's capital city.
5. A charming Little red cabin - this little pic has been separated from it's owner- can anyone help?
And last, but not least - Pinterest!! Where mood boards come together and ideas come to life (if you can tear yourself away from the screen!). Here's a round-up of the My Scandinavian Home...
Top 5 Pins of 2016
1. This little pic I took of a corner of my home has had over 1.5 million impressions in the last month alone! It must be that little guy at the top?
2. Quite a few (million) of you like the idea of a bench at the end of the bed like in this Swedish home captured by one of my favourite duos photographer Carina Olander and stylist Anna Truelsen.
3. Stonewashed linens have been everywhere this year - and these lovely ones in the home of Vintage Piken are possibly yours and my favourite! Photo by Line Kay.
4. On Pinterest it's all in the pink it seems, as the fourth most popular pin was this lovely picture of an Amsterdam bedroom captured by my talented friend Holly Marder.
5. And finally, we do love a gallery wall - and Maaike Koster of My Deer certainly knows how to create one! See the rest of her wonderful home here.
I have to say, these are also my favourite posts and pins from 2016 too! But do you have an absolute favourite?
On a different note, back in the spring I was excited to launch my first interiors book - Modern Pastoral
Photography: James Gardiner from Modern Pastoral by Niki Brantmark, published by CICO Books.
This summer we photographed 10 more fabulous homes across Scandinavia for my second book The Scandinavian Home
Before I head off I'd also like to say a huge thank you to all the amazing photographers, interior designers and stylists out there who have filled us with inspiration this year - and also to my wonderful sponsors who make My Scandinavian Home possible. Many of them are small online shaops, and when you buy something an actual person does a little dance!
And finally - thank you to you all for all your wonderful support and words of encouragement this year, you're wonderful!
Wishing you a very merry Christmas and a *fabulous* new year!
PS If you feel like being horizontal this holiday (isn't that what they're for?!) but would still like to feel inspired, you can always explore my archives (full list to the left) - days of inspiration, I promise! And don't forget to enter the HUGE Houseology give-away to win an amazing gift voucher to spend on your home in 2017 (think all those Scandinavian design items you've always wanted!).
PPS see you on January 9th!