Recipe: Simple Ricotta Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes
Simple Ricotta Pasta With Spinach and Tomatoes
Recipe for Simple Ricotta Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes
I love a good simple meal thats easy to throw together. When Organic Runner Dad is traveling and all the kids want to eat is noodles with butter its great to have other ingredients on hand elevate the kids noodles into a more exciting meal. I always to try to keep staple ingredients in our pantry and refrigerator just in case I need a quick meal for one.
Here are some great ingredients to keep on hand to change simple noodles into a satisfying meal:
- cannellini beans
- crushed tomatoes
- ricotta cheese
- parmesan cheese
- pine nuts (can be used in making your own pesto)
- pre-made pesto
- artichoke hearts
- White wine
- Olive Oil
- Frozen veggies
The best meals are often the most simple with the fewest ingredients and can often be thrown together in just a few minutes. This meal Simple Ricotta Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes took only about 10 minutes in total prep and cooking time. This meal is also great because you can make the noodles for your kids and then turn it into something a bit more tasty for yourself!
Need a quick #recipe? Try this Simple Ricotta Pasta with Tomatoes and spinach. #foodiechats
Click To Tweet
Print Simple Ricotta Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes
- 1 Serving of Pasta
- 1 Tablespoon of Organic Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves of Organic Garlic Minced
- Organic Cherry Tomatoes
- Organic Baby Spinach
- 1/4 Cup of Ricotta Cheese
- 1/4 Cup of Organic Lowfat Milk
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boil water for pasta and cook as directed.
- Mince two cloves of organic garlic.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add in garlic and cook for about a minute (until fragrant).
- Halve your cherry tomatoes (add in as many as you like).
- Add cherry tomatoes to saucepan with garlic and cook for about another minute.
- Add in 1/4 cup of Ricotta Cheese.
- Add in 1/4 Cup of Organic Lowfat Milk
- Stir and cook ingredients over medium heat for about another minute and a half.
- Drain pasta and return to pot.
- Add Organic Baby Spinach (as much as desired) to pasta.
- Immediately pour sauce over and mix all ingredients.
- Serve and enjoy!
What do you like to add into a quick go-to pasta recipe? Please share your ideas with me!
The post Recipe: Simple Ricotta Pasta with Spinach and Tomatoes appeared first on Organic Runner Mom.